joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs Thread III

strongwxnc

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see the nc folks finally get something.

The radar isn't showing it but there is heavy freezing mist/drizzle here. It's coming down in waves in the yard light...pretty cool actually. Needless to say everything is covered in ice and everything is frozen solid here now. The snow has a thick and very hard cover of ice now. Haven't seen a car go down the road since 5pm. Temp has remained constant at 28 for hours.

SJ, what did I miss? Did you just head back to NCState from High Point? Your location changed.

Yeah, I am at NC State for this storm, so I'm in downtown Raleigh. Too bad since you all look like you're getting it pretty good at the moment back in the Triad, but at least I'm getting some good sleet here. Classes are canceled before 10 AM tomorrow! weight_lift.gif

The radar isn't showing it but there is heavy freezing mist/drizzle here. It's coming down in waves in the yard light...pretty cool actually. Needless to say everything is covered in ice and everything is frozen solid here now. The snow has a thick and very hard cover of ice now. Haven't seen a car go down the road since 5pm. Temp has remained constant at 28 for hours.

glad the nc peeps are getting some of the storm now!

i just took the dogs out and dont think i realized how much freezing drizzle could do! even my 80 lb lab cant walk outside now. the snow is covered by ice so thick neither breaks through, they just slid around lol. it is slick as can be - completed iced over. it looks like about .2" of ice. the limbs are bending and the ice is pretty loud in the trees

didnt see, or hear, any kind of car or other motorized vehicle today! doesnt happen very often. if the drizzle keeps on a bit, we might not be out of here by wed. either lol

http://www.radiorefe...com/apps/audio/

here's a cool link to most of the local fire, police, and ems scanners in the US. i usually listen to them during these types of storms.

I hope I'm doing this right lol. Here in southern Forsyth we haven't ran a single wreck. Not sure about Winston Salem. I feel most people have made the smart choice to stay off the roads tonight, but tomorrow will probably be pretty tricky.

I was wondering when the ZR would stop. Looking at radar assumed we are about done but your still getting it? Southeast Skating Rink in the am.

Archived