joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs Thread III

strongwxnc

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering when the ZR would stop. Looking at radar assumed we are about done but your still getting it? Southeast Skating Rink in the am.

Dont worry, CLT motorists are good at driving on ice.

Dont worry, CLT drivers are very competent, this is NASCAR country after all.

Im scared

I found that to be very amusing! LOL

Im here for humor, not forecasting, as im not even at weenie status.

as for bad driving. Not surprised... I-85 between Gastonia and CLT is dangerous in perfect weather. I dont understand why people thing drafting is important on the interstates.

these radars aren't going to catch the freezing drizzle too well. It does ok for heavier pockets, but a lot of places have zr mist now and its not showing up, which was in the forecast...and will continue probably until the front comes through. Icicles on everything tomorrow will make for some good pics, but terrible driving. I've been sitting at 25 degrees since the storm began. Hasn't budged.

yeah same here, my street is a mess.. hwy 20 is a sheet of ice,

it seems like the plowed roads worse than those that were not

Light sleet at the moment in West Cary. A little crunchy underfoot, about .25" on my patio table at the moment. About to be blasted by a heavier echo in about 10 minutes. Some filling in south of that, so maybe more sleet later. The plus side to this is the sleet doesn't interfere with the satellite signal the way heavy snow does, so no issues watching the game. I wish I had bet the under (74 points I believe)....

Finished a honey-do project and went outside for a look. Have about 1.5" of something. Not snow and doesn't have feel of sleet or ice anywhere. More consistency of styrofoam... Grauple? Is that much possible? May be a bit of snow at base but overall real fluffy but with styrofoam texture more so than snow texture. Observed out window over last half hour and falling like grauple...but that much?

Finished a honey-do project and went outside for a look. Have about 1.5" of something. Not snow and doesn't have feel of sleet or ice anywhere. More consistency of styrofoam... Grauple? Is that much possible? May be a bit of snow at base but overall real fluffy but with styrofoam texture more so than snow texture. Observed out window over last half hour and falling like grauple...but that much?

i had a lot of graupel in CLT late this afternoon.

Yeah I mentioned earlier the plowed roads are basically skating rinks, while the unplowed roads have plenty of snow that aids in traction.

its like a 'pay me now or pay me later' deal. leaving 4 in of snow on a road is gonna be a pain in the next few days with the freezing.

Its tru though, we went for a walk today and the slickest sidewalks were those that had been shoveled..(obvious yankees)

its like a 'pay me now or pay me later' deal. leaving 4 in of snow on a road is gonna be a pain in the next few days with the freezing.

Its tru though, we went for a walk today and the slickest sidewalks were those that had been shoveled..(obvious yankees)

Yeah tomorrow the plowed roads should melt fairly quickly (the ice is sorta translucent so we'll get some solar radiation down to the black pavement). My street looks to become an icy mess tomorrow night after melting partially and refreezing, though.

Archived