• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs Thread III

strongwxnc

Mod mix of sn/sl/zr 25 measured 2-2 1/2 inches in yard. May luck up and get another 1/2 inch ? But looks of radar seems to be winding down soon, except zr drizzle :thumbsup:

Congrats. I only ended up at 3, Getting some snow/mostly sleet light mix. Looks like its about over. The start and finish timing by models and NWS was way off on this storm. Other than the long wait for you/Ws/Gboro things went pretty much the way I expected. I'm hoping we can cash in on a 'Big Daddy" these last 6-7 weeks of winter. That would be icing on the cake. I beleive everyone is at or above their seasonal average now across N GA, east TN, SC and NC. What a winter. Just think 7-8 weeks ago we thought we where all doomed. Hopefully powesrstroke was able to make some more money so he can bring that famous avatar back from last year.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these radars aren't going to catch the freezing drizzle too well. It does ok for heavier pockets, but a lot of places have zr mist now and its not showing up, which was in the forecast...and will continue probably until the front comes through. Icicles on everything tomorrow will make for some good pics, but terrible driving. I've been sitting at 25 degrees since the storm began. Hasn't budged.

No,you are right. That's totally true. We haven't had any returns on the radar since this afternoon, yet we have plenty of freezing drizzle falling and it has not stopped all day. My street looks like an ice skating rink. Totally amazing. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow.

Congrats. I only ended up at 3, Getting some snow/mostly sleet light mix. Looks like its about over. The start and finish timing by models and NWS was way off on this storm. Other than the long wait for you/Ws/Gboro things went pretty much the way I expected. I'm hoping we can cash in on a 'Big Daddy" these last 6-7 weeks of winter. That would be icing on the cake. I beleive everyone is at or above their seasonal average now across N GA, east TN, SC and NC. What a winter. Just think 7-8 weeks ago we thought we where all doomed. Hopefully powesrstroke was able to make some more money so he can bring that famous avatar back from last year.

Don't feel bad. I have less than 1/2 inch. I seem to be just SE of whatever is going through Davidson county into Winston. Has been snowing for several hours but so lightly no accumulation occurs.

I dont think i will be going anywhere in the morn. We dont have a ton of snow but its icy and slick out there right now. After the freezing drizzle overnight it wont be good.

Yeah, I came close to really hurting myself on an icy patch during the Christmas snow so I don't plan on going out with the sleet and freezing rain in the morning. Work can miss me for tomorrow.

1.4" just measured on the board. Still light snow, but no more accumulations expected. Love how once this snow got going it covered everything quickly.

We're in sync on the measurement. And based on my dinner drive, I'd say 1.2" of that is on the roads. Looks like they re-salted portions of downtown and around Business 40 again and that did a decent job. But the re-freezing tonight is going to be UGLY.

Had some snow back around 9:30 then back to moderate sleet. Everything has a layer of sleet on it the road in front of my house is white. Not going to be a fun commute in the am for those that try it.

A typical Raleigh winter event a little bit of eveything. Waiting for the changeover to freezing rain.

Archived