Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12 II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your first brew is on me in BWI next summer. :lol:

I just wish the cf would make it a but further in than I think it will, but 0 complaints.

:lol: Sounds good to me! Let's see what verifies for you first

I really think you'll be getting absolutely pulverized Wednesday between like 8am and noon, possibly complete with fireworks.

This is what I was saying, yesterday.....storms like this drip 30" in 12 hrs sometimes.....Earth light got just over 30" in about 12 hrs in that blizzard.

NEVER expect that, but it's not impossible and is VERY localized.

you might be right but i think i would cap this around 2 feet

reason being that was an insane bomb that generated a very very strong QPF max signal over NJ/NYC on both the NAM/GFS (esp with the GFS which was a big flag) at the point of rapid intrensification....and it was a consistent signal for several runs....

hopefully you are right though.

What is the difference between this and some of the others that dropped that in 12+ hrs?

Something ridiculous happened in those that you would never want to predict, especially still 24-36h out....synoptically, its not impossible with this setup, but just highly unlikely. In 2/5/01, you had a band from hell with thunder and lightning that lit up the CT Valley, SW NH, and N ORH county for 10 hours so we saw 20-30" in that band....but there's no guarantee you get that even if it looks great.

There will certainly be some awesome banding, but it might not park itself over the same spot for 10 hours in a row...maybe 3 hours in a one spot and in 3 in another, and then 3 in yet another...then it weakens as it tries to pivot back SE....who knows.

Something ridiculous happened in those that you would never want to predict, especially still 24-36h out....synoptically, its not impossible with this setup, but just highly unlikely. In 2/5/01, you had a band from hell with thunder and lightning that lit up the CT Valley, SW NH, and N ORH county for 10 hours so we saw 20-30" in that band....but there's no guarantee you get that even if it looks great.

There will certainly be some awesome banding, but it might not park itself over the same spot for 10 hours in a row...maybe 3 hours in a one spot and in 3 in another, and then 3 in yet another...then it weakens as it tries to pivot back SE....who knows.

Well I want to and am, since I have no paying clients. :lol:

Do I expect that; no.

Archived