• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January General Banter Thread II

Marion_NC_WX

Haha, thanks! Or maybe I have a talent for wasting time while long movies are on or during stretches of boring weather. I did The Raven on the previous page. Anyway, it worked. Now we have weather to talk about and we can avoid me filling up the thread with silliness. :)

:lmao::lol: I've enjoyed your poems during our stretch of boring weather :wub:

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lmao::lol: I've enjoyed your poems during our stretch of boring weather :wub:

Thanks! I'm watching Tombstone tonight :D, so I probably won't kick up any rhymes.

LOL, good poetry Cold Rain! May it beckon another snowstorm!

And you need to start the next thread on the upcoming storm. You brought good mojo for the Christmas Storm! Snowman.gif

Thanks Superjames! Let's see how things are looking by tomorrow evening. You gotta feel it if you're gonna start a thread. Not quite feeling it yet. Definitely will start one for the February blizzard, though. :thumbsup::snowman: :snowman: :scooter::guitar::popcorn: Ok, enough emoticons for now. We have weather to track....finally!

Thank you ncjoaquin :wub:^_^:hug: The camera must have captured my good side, at that perfect angle, stopping the glare coming off the silver in my hair :lol:

haha I always have to double take when I see your picture you look just like my friend Molly who looks really well for her age. So maybe it's just that "look". FTR I think you're OLD! Hahaha just joking guitar.gif

From the "deadly serious" thread:

Brick is tame compared to some and honestly I don't pay much attention to him. I think some people here go too far with the complaining about him. Honestly what he said was not that big of a deal but it was made into a big deal by everyone else and that actually is the way it normally goes. Why so many pay so much attention to him is beyond me.

If you don't like what he says, just move on and ignore it. If you think it's open and intentional trolling then report it. If it is determined it is, we will do something about it.

I'm not defending what he says but I think some in general need to lighten up and stop making mountains out of mole hills.

And let's move on, if folks want to talk about him, take it to the banter thread please. Thanks.

Thank you for your comments, Lookout. This is a very informative board and is helpful for those of us who have non-met careers and professions, but some folks really do need to lighten up. Sometimes, we need a Brick Tamland or WidreMann to snap us out of the groupthink that is occasionally prevalent around here. I also appreciate the comic relief. We're discussing the weather. On only the most rarest of circumstances is this topic more serious than, say, pancreatic cancer.

haha I always have to double take when I see your picture you look just like my friend Molly who looks really well for her age. So maybe it's just that "look". FTR I think you're OLD! Hahaha just joking guitar.gif

:lol: I'll take "the look"...:wub: I know I'm OLD...my 10 and 20 year old tell me often enough to stop talking about the good ol days when there were 8 track tapes, lead in the paint, and kids not wearing helmets while riding their bikes :lmao::P

:lol: I'll take "the look"...:wub: I know I'm OLD...my 10 and 20 year old tell me often enough to stop talking about the good ol days when there were 8 track tapes, lead in the paint, and kids not wearing helmets while riding their bikes :lmao::P

I'll bet you drove around in the snow with an 8-track in your Pinto convertible bike.gif

I understand I am just saying he is the master of one line comments and I know several who have been warned and even banned because of it including myself. Just wandered why he is allowed and no one else? But nothing i am going to dwell on

Um, he isn't allowed to. You are 100% wrong with the idea he gets special treatment. When things are busy, his one liners and off topic comments are deleted just like everyone else. But right now we aren't busy and we aren't in storm mode, so if someone makes a one liner, regardless of who it is, we let it go for the most part. And in case you haven't noticed, there are quite a few people making one liners and off topic posts in that thread.

For whatever reason though what he says is normally blown out of proportion and this is no exception. A lot of people don't like cold weather if it's not going to snow. There is nothing really wrong with that. But He even apologized for it and said it should go into the banter thread but you guys didn't let it go and continued complaining about it. Good grief there is just no reason in getting that bent out of shape over that comment.

And when were you banned?

Agreed! Everyone was worried that he didn't find the new site and then when he did, BOOM! Brick's ramblings are not that annoying to me any more (...and I like Widre too!) especially when you contrast and compare that guy in west GA who questions EVERYONE as to whether or not he lives in north Georgia or not. By NO MEANS should anyone use I-20 as a dividing line for weather unless you want this guy to question every single post you make. I guess semantics annoy me! LOL!

Exactly, that dude was about a thousand times more annoying. LOL you are right too about the north georgia crap. Plus You could be talking about northern alabama and even though what is said had nothing to do with his location, he would see something about it and jump in and ask a question about it that's been answered a dozen times already..often within the last half hour :arrowhead:

Um, he isn't allowed to. You are 100% wrong with the idea he gets special treatment. When things are busy, his one liners and off topic comments are deleted just like everyone else. But right now we aren't busy and we aren't in storm mode, so if someone makes a one liner, regardless of who it is, we let it go for the most part. And in case you haven't noticed, there are quite a few people making one liners and off topic posts in that thread.

For whatever reason though what he says is normally blown out of proportion and this is no exception. A lot of people don't like cold weather if it's not going to snow. There is nothing really wrong with that. But He even apologized for it and said it should go into the banter thread but you guys didn't let it go and continued complaining about it. Good grief there is just no reason in getting that bent out of shape over that comment.

And when were you banned?

Exactly, that dude was about a thousand times more annoying. LOL you are right too about the north georgia crap. Plus You could be talking about northern alabama and even though what is said had nothing to do with his location, he would see something about it and jump in and ask a question about it that's been answered a dozen times already..often within the last half hour :arrowhead:

Ha ha !!! Or the guy who would constantly ask when FFC would post WSWatches or Warnings? Over and over and over.

LOL at North GA guy!

With football winding down I need the weather to keep producing to maintain sanity!!

here's a start

Thursday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. A chance of freezing rain...snow and sleet after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. chancesnow.gif Friday Partly sunny with a chance of snow and sleet in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

I just checked out the MidAtlantic thread and I couldnt help but think that karma is a b**ch. After the season they had last year they were destined for the start theyve had. Im sure theyll end up alright though. I payed dearly for 1993 with 16 years of poor winters so I feel their pain.

With football winding down I need the weather to keep producing to maintain sanity!!

here's a start

Thursday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. A chance of freezing rain...snow and sleet after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. chancesnow.gif Friday Partly sunny with a chance of snow and sleet in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

:thumbsup: similar forecast here. That's why i am sort of just in wait mode till we get closer to see how things pan out. Still a chance for the end of the week for sure

:thumbsup::lol: Not a convertible...but yes a white 2 door Pinto with an 8 track player, that I later "upgraded" to the new and improved cassette player. She made the best donuts in the school parking lot during the winter :wub:

Well your conversation has now put you on my hit list lol. You made me feel really old (yeah I remember 8 tracks and ford pintos :drunk: ).

I just checked out the MidAtlantic thread and I couldnt help but think that karma is a b**ch. After the season they had last year they were destined for the start theyve had. Im sure theyll end up alright though. I payed dearly for 1993 with 16 years of poor winters so I feel their pain.

Bite your tongue! You know we are entering a period of snowier winters here in the south and this is mild to what's coming over the next 10 to 15 years. I will not be denied my white Thanksgiving!! :weight_lift: (Dream mode off!)

Shoot, I'm probably older than you, and I'm just hoping to live long enough to get old :) I figure I might be nearing old age when I have to use a walker to get up the hill for another slide! T

banter

January general thread part deux...

Just posting so I can see the new and awesome weather display in the side bar. Killer!!

It is blank, you are going to have to wait until 15 past 8pm for the update, for those who missed it, see the link below to add weather obs to your profile if you so desire...

Hey, Chris....is Greg in north Ga? I mean, Dixie moved since last year, and if you have a two flusher I'm wondering if he will get zrain? He is way north of me and I always think Spalding Co. is in N. Ga. except for when there is zrain...then I want to be counted as south Ga. Do mods have anything to do with that? Thanks. Just keeping it real! Tony

Hey, Chris....is Greg in north Ga? I mean, Dixie moved since last year, and if you have a two flusher I'm wondering if he will get zrain? He is way north of me and I always think Spalding Co. is in N. Ga. except for when there is zrain...then I want to be counted as south Ga. Do mods have anything to do with that? Thanks. Just keeping it real! Tony

LMAO, Tony! This last move was a pain in the rear! (this pain had nothing to do with the two flusher either!)

Well your conversation has now put you on my hit list lol. You made me feel really old (yeah I remember 8 tracks and ford pintos :drunk: ).

Don't worry....I feel your pain..lol :hug: The flashback did make me smile... :D

Bite your tongue! You know we are entering a period of snowier winters here in the south and this is mild to what's coming over the next 10 to 15 years. I will not be denied my white Thanksgiving!! :weight_lift: (Dream mode off!)

I would enjoy a white Thanksgiving too, but not sure if the family would support my weather addiction when I'm supposed to be cooking :unsure::lol:

Shoot, I'm probably older than you, and I'm just hoping to live long enough to get old :) I figure I might be nearing old age when I have to use a walker to get up the hill for another slide! T

Hopefully by the time we will need walkers to get up the hill they will have the option to convert them into sleds with a push of the button :wub:

Just posting so I can see the new and awesome weather display in the side bar. Killer!!

Nevermind...lol...I see you added the link and explained why it was blank ^_^

Archived