e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January General Banter Thread II

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you fail to understand what I am saying. Yes, we had that good snow. But there has been a lot more "threats" and "potential" around that never actually did anything, just like it was last winter. Just because we had one good snow doesn't mean there have been a lot more wasted potential.

You are above averages snowfall for the year. Quit crying winter is far from over and you have had more snow than DC this year. If you want more snow then i suggest you move. The Mtns are only a few hours away and we have had back to back great winters.

You are above averages snowfall for the year. Quit crying winter is far from over and you have had more snow than DC this year. If you want more snow then i suggest you move. The Mtns are only a few hours away and we have had back to back great winters.

I am talking about the number of snows. We have had two. I was just commenting there has been a a lot more potential and threats that didn't end up doing anything. It was just like that last winter. Great patterns, more threats, lots of potential, and one good snow that I can remember. That's just the way it is.

I am talking about the number of snows. We have had two. I was just commenting there has been a a lot more potential and threats that didn't end up doing anything. It was just like that last winter. Great patterns, more threats, lots of potential, and one good snow that I can remember. That's just the way it is.

You live in RAL. If you want more move. Your area is not great for snow. Stop crying you are above average.

You live in RAL. If you want more move. Your area is not great for snow. Stop crying you are above average.

It's the banter thread. i can cry if I want to.

I don't care if we are above average. We have still had only two good snows, and there has been a lot of wasted potential, threats and great patterns. Same thing as last winter.

I am going to stick up for Brick. Where should we move to? Closer to the beach to get snow? Alabama? Rockingham? Charleston SC? We are not above average for the year, right at average, where everyone N/S/E/W of us is above there averages, just like last year. In a normal climo year I agree with you that we should be happy but last winter and this winter it's been brutally cold and we had 1 good event last year and 1 good event this year. So when everyone around us is having above average snow fall and we are at climo then we have the right out pout on the banter thread laugh.gif

In all seriousness, it's just snow. But, while I am pouting mode can we get one snow storm where it starts at a time when we are awake. I don't remember the last time it snowed a good event where we were able to watch it, it always comes in during the wee hours and it's over by the time we wake up.

I am going to stick up for Brick. Where should we move to? Closer to the beach to get snow? Alabama? Rockingham? Charleston SC? We are not above average for the year, right at average, where everyone N/S/E/W of us is above there averages, just like last year. In a normal climo year I agree with you that we should be happy but last winter and this winter it's been brutally cold and we had 1 good event last year and 1 good event this year. So when everyone around us is having above average snow fall and we are at climo then we have the right out pout on the banter thread laugh.gif

In all seriousness, it's just snow. But, while I am pouting mode can we get one snow storm where it starts at a time when we are awake. I don't remember the last time it snowed a good event where we were able to watch it, it always comes in during the wee hours and it's over by the time we wake up.

O I understand about getting very little snow and watching people around you get more. 2 years ago my winter sucked with only getting 5 inches. Not even half my average. You guys are at a full winter's average half way thru right?

O I understand about getting very little snow and watching people around you get more. 2 years ago my winter sucked with only getting 5 inches. Not even half my average. You guys are at a full winter's average half way thru right?

Yeah, we are at average half way through, I would think we should make it to double digit snowfall which would be the first time since 2004. If we can get one more 3-4" snow fall I would call that a victory for the year.

I heard your area was in a snow drought for a while there but now these past 2 seasons you have been catching up?

I'm sticking up for Brick too......... I feel like us central/eastern NC people are outcasted by the western NC people like its their god given right to more snow.... Raleigh SHOULD get more snow than Charlotte, period

LOL.. What are you talking about? It snows more in the Mtns than on the beach. Would you like that to change?

Yeah, we are at average half way through, I would think we should make it to double digit snowfall which would be the first time since 2004. If we can get one more 3-4" snow fall I would call that a victory for the year.

I heard your area was in a snow drought for a while there but now these past 2 seasons you have been catching up?

YOu have a good chance at snow next week I think. Yes the last two years have been great. Before that not so much.

+1 Jeremy.

This is the SE thread. You want to outcast go north. Im happy for all. Also, when did folks think that someone needs to give model info for every corner on the SE?

This out cry is new this year.

BANTER

What?

Nobody tries to outcast anyone. You guys are making all this **** up in your mind.

+1 Jeremy.

This is the SE thread. You want to outcast go north. Im happy for all. Also, when did folks think that someone needs to give model info for every corner on the SE?

BANTER

One thing that we ALWAYS had over the other regions was we lacked the whiners those thread have. We seem to be losing that advantage.

+1 Jeremy.

BANTER

Isn't this statement contradicting itself? First you say "happy for all" and then you say why does someone have to give model info to every corner of the SE.

I am not sure why I am being so argumentative today, it must be from reading the MA threads, they are suicide watch and have been completely screwed this year.

I am not sure I am going to make it the rest of the year, I don't have the stamina. This is why we need it to torch, so everyone will take a break from this blasted forum.

I know Charlotte's average is 5 inches. We've had right at 5 inches IMBY. So good for me. I just want one good 6 inch storm. We haven't had that much since 2004. All the snow we get in Charlotte is mostly the melt as it falls variety, couple inches here, three inches here, then it melts in a day or so. Last one stayed around with the cold and ice on top but it was another 3.5 incher; nickel and dime stuff.

Since we're complaining I thought I'd throw out mine too!! :scooter: I just want a good 6 incher and I'm good. Just one, and I'll be good, bring in the torch after that, don't care. I'm a simple man. :)

Archived