• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January General Banter Thread II

Marion_NC_WX

You are probably right about that. We are in the range where the inevitable "Euro Storm Drop" takes place. It always happens...always.

I hope it doesn't this time...we'll see in an hour or so.rolleyes.gif

Looks it might going off the latest model runs. :lol: I just hope Lookout is making good money at his cliff from all of the jumpers. :thumbsup:

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few days away and I have no idea what to expect from this storm. For my backyard, I've narrowed the possibilities down to:

(1) a foot of all snow;

(2) a dusting;

(3) a cold and heavy rain;

(4) a sprinkle; or

(5) partly sunny and 42F.

But if I can't partake of the wintry fun, I do hope that maybe the mountains get buried because it's so thrilling to live vicariously through the webcams. arrowheadsmiley.png

This is the best time frame to be around here.

this is when everyone pulls every single model in, looking for ways to screw them...

Love it....

With that said, bring on the madness.

You are probably right about that. We are in the range where the inevitable "Euro Storm Drop" takes place. It always happens...always.

I hope it doesn't this time...we'll see in an hour or so.rolleyes.gif

Just a few days away and I have no idea what to expect from this storm. For my backyard, I've narrowed the possibilities down to:

(1) a foot of all snow;

(2) a dusting;

(3) a cold and heavy rain;

(4) a sprinkle; or

(5) partly sunny and 42F.

But if I can't partake of the wintry fun, I do hope that maybe the mountains get buried because it's so thrilling to live vicariously through the webcams. arrowheadsmiley.png

Just for you I'll rig my camera to my head and take some video of snow, whether it is in CLT, HKY or if I have to go all the way to AVL. It will give you the point of view perspective and make you feel like you are there and playing out in it! :thumbsup:

This is really cool

NOAA_150dpi_normal.png @usnoaagov NOAA Using NOAA imagery, @skiingmag posted a vivid time-lapse of the big snow to hit the West in mid-December: http://bit.ly/gX38hu

18 feet of snow at Mammoth in 11 days time, with most of it falling in what, a 3 day period? Absolutely crazy. They will be skiing all year long there this year (They usually go until June, sometimes July I think).

this is when everyone pulls every single model in, looking for ways to screw them...

Love it....

Oh, to be sure, I love this time-frame!! I hope it didn't look as if I was being a cliff-diver...I wasn't. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It just seems (without any scientific reasoning LOL) that when the GFS gets close to the Euro...the Euro runs from it. Sort of like it's his little, bothersome cousin or something. LOLOL

That's all I can figure.

Love it....

No kidding..already seeing the signs from eastern NC especially RDU area. Cant's tell you how many years i've sat here with 33° and rain and watched RDU and surrounding areas get a blizzard.

I currently love the models as it looks pretty dang good that we'll see some big wet flakes sometime tuesday, yea we may see some rain too but right now the fact that there's a good chance of another accumulating snow is CRAZY. But I'm not gonna post on the model thread of how good it looks and get persecuted by some even though there's many posting of how sh!tty it looks for them.

Bring on my THUNDER SNOW...i'll catch it on video(audio) for ya!

Now back to the Euro (King of all wx models):popcorn:

The GFS trends toward the Euro, now the Euro trends toward the GFS. Tomorrow they'll meet in the middle i suppose but that's still 48hrs away. I'm afraid we're going to see a lot of different solutions and models will show many differing details into monday.

Yep....and that signature line of yours rings true once again. :)

Archived