12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January General Banter Thread II

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to people on the model thread here is what the NAM says: It's OTS...no wait...it's an Apps runner...no wait...it's heading for the Great Lakes...no wait...it's heading for Cuba. :arrowhead:

not only that, it now looks like east nc is going against west nc. my oh my what has happened to the se thread and all the animosity? tis a shame...hopefully whatever happens will hit most of us with at least something wintry, otherwise i am not looking forward to the infighting that may ensure. its not like any of us can really do anything about the storm track :arrowhead:

besides, for pretty much most of the storms lately we really didnt know (or at least have an idea) until really close to the event (24-36 hours or so). so now that its been pushed from sun. night to mon and now into tues. we have to wait it seems like forever to get a handle on it

i just want some more snow and/or another winter storm :weight_lift::devilsmiley:

jeez the storm threat forum turned into a mid atlantic thread for a few mins lol :lightning:

lolol thats why i came over here, must have just beat you to it by a minute (see my post above). i dont know why people just cant get along, esp when the se is having a pretty good winter so far. guess i will be staying away from posting in that thread until things lighten up :yikes:

grfs is running, lets hope it shows something a little better to perk up people's spirits. or maybe we should all just drink some spirits :guitar:

lolol thats why i came over here, must have just beat you to it by a minute (see my post above). i dont know why people just cant get along, esp when the se is having a pretty good winter so far. guess i will be staying away from posting in that thread until things lighten up :yikes:

:jerry: <------------This is the model thread currently. :tomato: <---------My avatar's brother.

:jerry: <------------This is the model thread currently. :tomato: <---------My avatar's brother.

Stop in-sighting this sh!t please, not saying your post is a trigger BoQ, we need calm here as subtle references trigger the :jerry: amongst less seasoned-new members. I understand that this is the banter thread, but even here discourse needs to rectify the differences, not further divide them. Thanks :)

OK, all you folklore believers - what does the ring around the moon tonight foretell for my impending weather? :whistle: Isn't there something somewhere in the legends archives that it means precipitation within 24 hours?

I posted this back on Dec 5.

Squirrels screwing in winter mean lots more squirrels in spring.

Count the morning fogs in August and at the end of the month you'll know how many there were.

A ring around the moon means your Lasik surgeon screwed up.

I know I can't ask an IMBY question on the model thread but I'm hoping no one will attack me for asking this here. Does it look like North Raleigh is going to be getting all rain from this storm? While I am happy for everyone who is getting snow it really stunk when people just an hour SW of me got six inches of snow and I got a little ice. Yes, we got snow on Christmas, but it sure would be nice if we didn't get shafted two storms in a row.

Verbatim, compared to earlier yesterday and the GFS, all models look better for Raleigh to see some snow, but it will probably start as rain there before ending as snow. But it is not set in stone yet. Western half of the state is in a much better spot now for snow as a jog to the west of the storm track would not hurt them as bad as folks from say Winston-Salem and points east. At least that is how I have deciphered it along with all the mets opinions.

woo hoo! just finished catching up and had to let my inner weenie out :lol: still looking good for some snow this week. new forecast has light snow tues and moderate accumulations overnight :thumbsup:

I know I can't ask an IMBY question on the model thread but I'm hoping no one will attack me for asking this here. Does it look like North Raleigh is going to be getting all rain from this storm? While I am happy for everyone who is getting snow it really stunk when people just an hour SW of me got six inches of snow and I got a little ice. Yes, we got snow on Christmas, but it sure would be nice if we didn't get shafted two storms in a row.

its hard to say, the models have RDU on the rain/snow line. if you are in the north part, you'd stand a better chance. it also may be that most to a lot of us start as rain, then as the storm gets cranking and moving we change over to snow

OK, all you folklore believers - what does the ring around the moon tonight foretell for my impending weather? :whistle: Isn't there something somewhere in the legends archives that it means precipitation within 24 hours?

lol - every time i see a ring around the moon i think of this! i thought it was precip within 48 hours...either way it should me we get snow (my opinion, of course, not necessarily mother natures)

Archived