amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i feel like i'm at an art museum....not that i attend those.

composite radar shows little meso curl signature near KTAN similiar to those S of Ct last nite (weaker precip) although there are 30-35 dbz going to town on the base radar as well.....from mansfield up to sharon .

i mean that is not stuff to play around with still 30 dbz w/ good ratio's

that is a heavy heavy snow band well over inch / an hour stuff

My threads rock! :tomato:

Good job with those, Bob. Can you maintain control of the ones for this week?

Congrats everyoene on yesterday's event. Posted in hte obs thread that my drive to MD thorugh fairifled county was an adventrue. Some huge aggregates pouring down. Great stuff. Wish I had been home to enjoy it instead of in the car. A little light snow down here in annapolis overnight, few flakes this morning.

Good luck on the system this evening!

An astounding 1" here in Brooklyn. Steve isn't too far from me so I can't imagine he picked up much more than that.

Still early winter so I'm keeping the fire arm in the desk drawer for now.

Reading the thread FYL 1 inch here, Will and I were commenting on you while you slept Youk. Started new thread on tonights action.

This really is not a cold pattern, and I don't see a real cold patter either.

so the idea of a very cold week after mid-month is gone. (haven't been paying attention but Don S was talking about it a week to ten days ago)

i don't think we need a new thread for tonite's poss. action...although whateva

snow is coming down now pretty hard for a part of the SNE crew that was waiting 20 hours for this thing

so the idea of a very cold week after mid-month is gone. (haven't been paying attention but Don S was talking about it a week to ten days ago)

i don't think we need a new thread for tonite's poss. action...although whateva

snow is coming down now pretty hard for a part of the SNE crew that was waiting 20 hours for this thing

Well there may be a day or two that is cold...but the overall big picture isn't all that cold imo. It is possible it could end up a little cooler than normal.

And BDR is 4.4 - we're doing pretty well despite it.

Well that's the thing...we can be above normal in January and still have good snow. The big + departures are thanks to the big warmth during the first few days. We don't necessarily need below normal wx, like DC does.

Well two torch days to start and the second one the high was at midnight then pretty much normal, looks below for a couple of days, then normal. I do believe the Arctic opens say the 16 th or so.

Yeah, felt about average besides the start. Sure looks like it, AWT. That should be sick.

Well that's the thing...we can be above normal in January and still have good snow. The big + departures are thanks to the big warmth during the first few days. We don't necessarily need below normal wx, like DC does.

We definitely can. Doesn't look like we'll end up that way, but it goes to show it's not a big issue here and can be a bit overrated (IE above-average January forecast leading to weenie bridge jumps)

Heavy heavy day off FTW. Any doubters left? The house is rocking now, Pete is grilling huge steaks, Jerry is hitting on some young broad and I am at the door getting new delivery of beer, almost ran out. Somebody crank the volume, We salute you. NNE crew will be late arrivals but soon.

Party time!! CoT in the house! Much more to come. 7" here with light pixie dust falling. Super light champagne POWPOW. Really cranked after I crashed. Snow pack back into double digits. Went for an awesome kick and glide ski tour at dawn. Those that got left out on this one are going to get into the party within a few days. Active pattern will pay dividends. Another kind of blotchy snow distribution on this one but the big dog Tuesday will lay it down regionwide. Off to ski now, Monday looks good for you Steve.

Theory of mine, yesterday's Norlun blow out was triggered by massive mid level meso that spun like a top in place, rotated up through, small vort doing the same in EMA right now. That vort yesterday was dynamic, rotation was observed by OKX, now that would have been cool, a snowado. Also saw reports of zero wind to heavy gust for a few mins, saw cloud and radar evidence of possible GWave. Tons of stuff to look at but more than just your typical Norlun to me..

Theory of mine, yesterday's Norlun blow out was triggered by massive mid level meso that spun like a top in place, rotated up through, small volt doing the same in EMA right now. That volt yesterday was dynamic, rotation was observed by OKX, now that would have been cool, a snowado. Also saw reports of zero wind to heavy gust for a few mins, saw cloud and radar evidence of possible GWave. Tons of stuff to look at but more than just your typical Norlun to me..

We saw a few snow wrapped waterspouts on Lake Ontario during the late Fall/early winter.

3-5" expected here on the Outer Cape. 6z GFS came in more robust and while the NAM continues to stay to the southeast, it did bring in some more precip, although not much. 00z EURO looked like a BM track, a 992mb low around the BM at 00z Sunday. Celtics played well last night. NFL playoffs begin this afternoon at 430pm. Should be a fun weekend of NFL, before I head to San Antonio, TX next week. Clouds have that convective vibe to them this morning. Woke up this morning with a coating of snow on the ground, with graupel or sleet falling out of the sky. Very cool looking clouds.

Heavy heavy day off FTW. Any doubters left? The house is rocking now, Pete is grilling huge steaks, Jerry is hitting on some young broad and I am at the door getting new delivery of beer, almost ran out. Somebody crank the volume, We salute you. NNE crew will be late arrivals but soon.

I'm at the party, but this one hottie left with the SW CT folks and I'm left holding 0.5" in my beer mug...

Geez, this is usually a rockin part of the SNE party scene

Theory of mine, yesterday's Norlun blow out was triggered by massive mid level meso that spun like a top in place, rotated up through, small vort doing the same in EMA right now. That vort yesterday was dynamic, rotation was observed by OKX, now that would have been cool, a snowado. Also saw reports of zero wind to heavy gust for a few mins, saw cloud and radar evidence of possible GWave. Tons of stuff to look at but more than just your typical Norlun to me..

Do radar loops get saved by NWS, etc for public viewing?

Two sick kids and no snow today FTL

My daughter woke up displaying signs of a cold. Would it be wrong to leave her at home w/my pregnant wife and go skiing alone? Nevermind, I'm sure it's not selfish.

Great snow growth with this event.

You can still see individual flakes stacked on the bushes etc.

Fluffy ftw!

Nice. Feathery flakes here too. Low 20's throughout.

Archived