northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a beautiful sight outside! Shoveling was very easy although my back is still REALLY stiff from shoveling the last event, I can't really bend over.

I love the overnight timeframe after it just snowed or if it's still snowing, everything is quiet and peaceful.

Tried to take a few pics but my batteries died so not sure if I can upload them or not.

We went from great dendrites to the pixie dust again....it def has to do with how much lift is going on high up...the wekaer echoes are def more low level lift.

We are back the very dense pixie dust...vis remains fairly low though. We have cracked an inch here.

Just getting the chance to look over the 0z models now but I'm pretty impressed in tonight's inverted trough potential, some excellent lift looking to setup across southern CT out towards SE MA. My only issue for CT right now is the winds have a more northerly component to them while out to the east winds are more from the NE so I wonder if we could get screwed by dry air here in CT?

Just getting the chance to look over the 0z models now but I'm pretty impressed in tonight's inverted trough potential, some excellent lift looking to setup across southern CT out towards SE MA. My only issue for CT right now is the winds have a more northerly component to them while out to the east winds are more from the NE so I wonder if we could get screwed by dry air here in CT?

:weenie:

4 inches on the dot here

Still snowing lightly even though radar`not picking up.

Snow in the air all day AWT

Nice, they had 3" in Union as of 2 hours ago, but its been light since then....maybe another quarter inch or something. Your ob makes sense since you had the better part of the band.

We have an inch here but trying to get more with upslope flow...but we are trying to revive a dying dynamic.

Nice, they had 3" in Union as of 2 hours ago, but its been light since then....maybe another quarter inch or something. Your ob makes sense since you had the better part of the band.

We have an inch here but trying to get more with upslope flow...but we are trying to revive a dying dynamic.

I had about 2 inches at 10:30 last nite..so I'm guessing the heavy band ended about 12:30 or so?

Looks like another 1-3 for you and I tonight

Nice to have a snowfall wth no wind. 1st one I can remember since early Dec last year. Snow just sitting on all the trees and everything out there. Looks awesome

I had about 2 inches at 10:30 last nite..so I'm guessing the heavy band ended about 12:30 or so?

Looks like another 1-3 for you and I tonight

Tonight is a difficult forecast, but I think we'll get another inch....if we get 3" thats a total bonus.

Did we verify that 18 inches in Bridgewater?

No, we got some good pics from the guy in New Milford of 12-13"

But the 18" amount was never verified. It was probably a weenie StephenCT amount. It was probably a 14" lolli that got inflated in a little drift by an excited weenie....but who knows, maybe they did get that much....but its skeptical until proof shows.

Danstorm (an old friend) was on here last night from Ridgefield, CT and he said he drove all over the place and didnt find much over a foot....maybe 13-14" at most.

But the 18" amount was never verified. It was probably a weenie StephenCT amount. It was probably a 14" lolli that got inflated in a little drift by an excited weenie....but who knows, maybe they did get that much....but its skeptical until proof shows.

Danstorm (an old friend) was on here last night from Ridgefield, CT and he said he drove all over the place and didnt find much over a foot....maybe 13-14" at most.

The ironic thing is DT verified for Connecticut-- I think he had them in up to a 16 inch zone.

I got 0.7" right now. I see ORH airport came in with their typical "M"...I probably had about 0.4" or 0.5" before midnight for the F6 from yesterday....but I am north of them by 3-4 miles and it was better here on that first wave earlier in the evening than there but they registered 0.01 of qpf even from the under-estimating ASOS so I'm sure they got measurable snow.

Its very fluffy snow and high ratio.

Thanks for reminding me. We got the call from ORH at 4 AM, and updating the info now. Only 0.1", but will call back for after midnight reading (for today).

We'll see what we get.

--Turtle ;)

Yeah sounds about right. This stuff probably settled so fast. Very fluffy snow Almost like LES

The ironic thing is DT verified for Connecticut-- I think he had them in up to a 16 inch zone.

Wow. Didn't think of that. DT was right (in some spots) and I was wrong. I think he had me in the 8-12, and I ended up with about 5-6. The bulk of our snow came in about 90 minutes.

Upton calling for 2-4 or 3-5 tonight.

Archived