• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

This was a great "storm" for SW/W CT. I'm glad for them. This next one will be entertaining for NJ/DE and maybe in a trough in a much lighter version for CT/W 1/2 of MA. The next storm (next week) sucks, no matter how we slice it.

We get meso scale storms most of the time, this pattern is god awful and I understand Ray for once. This is punishment for living through 95-96 and 2005.

Tough/waiting for a 25 mile wide death band be damned. Slantstickers FTW the rest of the night.

You're not buying the 3-5 for the South Coast, Cape? Except for the December 2009 15-20 incher snow events down here have been hard to come by the past two winters and I'll be happy with 3 inches because this area is getting screwed from literally every direction.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not buying the 3-5 for the South Coast, Cape? Except for the December 2009 15-20 incher snow events down here have been hard to come by the past two winters and I'll be happy with 3 inches because this area is getting screwed from literally every direction.

Honestly who knows but I think it's unlikely...less than 50% chance of 3-5 at the canal/sagamore bridge/bourne/bridge.

It's hard to argue with the GFS/EC/RGEM, but I think as it is modeld right now it's an ultra tight band of precip. Will see in the am if we all survive what's left of the death blow.

it's possible this "miss" is feedback related, who knows.

Thanks Jerry ... I'll never forget meeting you at the conference in '06 - Eastern used to be somewhat cliquey but I'll always remember you being accessible to me that afternoon in Baltimore and saying, "Hop in, we're going to lunch" ... while some other folks were like, "Who is this new guy?"

Anyway, congrats on the local jackpot in the blizzard and wishing you all the best snow-wise and otherwise in the future... you rock, my man!

Dan weatherfella is like no other. Experienced and a fair fellow all around.

Was playing the game earlier but I do think 3 is a boring deal....t-3 tops west to east for

Cc

THE HEAVIEST SNOW HAS EXITED HARTFORD AND WESTERN TOLLAND

COUNTIES...BUT WILL CONTINUE THE WARNING AS LIGHT SNOW WAS STILL

OCCURRING. NOTICING A BIT OF ENHANCEMENT ON ALBANY/S RADAR ACROSS

THE EAST SLOPES OF THE BERKSHIRES SO WILL CONTINUE THE WARNING FOR

WESTERN HAMPDEN AND WESTERN HAMPSHIRE COUNTY/S. THINGS SHOULD WIND

DOWN NEAR DAYBREAK ACROSS THE INTERIOR.-- End Changed Discussion --

indeed,nice. 6+"

Much larger flakes now...the puffier ones I saw earlier. The band disintegrated pretty rapidly moving out of RI so I'm left with its remnants and trying to enhance on the upslope flow. Hopefully can squeeze out an inch additional, but it could crap out at any time. It actually looks like some decent returns down by Milford.

THE HEAVIEST SNOW HAS EXITED HARTFORD AND WESTERN TOLLAND

COUNTIES...BUT WILL CONTINUE THE WARNING AS LIGHT SNOW WAS STILL

OCCURRING. NOTICING A BIT OF ENHANCEMENT ON ALBANY/S RADAR ACROSS

THE EAST SLOPES OF THE BERKSHIRES SO WILL CONTINUE THE WARNING FOR

WESTERN HAMPDEN AND WESTERN HAMPSHIRE COUNTY/S. THINGS SHOULD WIND

DOWN NEAR DAYBREAK ACROSS THE INTERIOR.-- End Changed Discussion --

indeed,nice. 6+"

Got anything more exact? Would like to use it in the PNS. Thanks.

--Turtle ;)

Got anything more exact? Would like to use it in the PNS. Thanks.

--Turtle ;)

I got 0.7" right now. I see ORH airport came in with their typical "M"...I probably had about 0.4" or 0.5" before midnight for the F6 from yesterday....but I am north of them by 3-4 miles and it was better here on that first wave earlier in the evening than there but they registered 0.01 of qpf even from the under-estimating ASOS so I'm sure they got measurable snow.

Its very fluffy snow and high ratio.

I got 0.7" right now. I see ORH airport came in with their typical "M"...I probably had about 0.4" or 0.5" before midnight for the F6 from yesterday....but I am north of them by 3-4 miles and it was better here on that first wave earlier in the evening than there but they registered 0.01 of qpf even from the under-estimating ASOS so I'm sure they got measurable snow.

Its very fluffy snow and high ratio.

That's all you got? I roasted you.

"Heaviest" snow of the night....maybe borderline moderate now...vis dropped from about 15 mi to about 3/4 or even 1/2 now. Much better flakes too. Looks like its short lived as it passes to the north fairly quickly. I was in a decent screw zone for this I think...the band it looking good for just north me and out toward 495.

Yeah but you'll end up with like half of what I get this winter....then you can track storms with BB sized hail and go nuts over a 30 mph wind gust when June comes.

No, I think this May he'll be more interested in the new Miley Cyrus movie coming out lol. After that though, all bets are off.....

Looks like around .5" eye balling. Decent snow right now, looks like I'll at least get an inch, hopefully 2. Back to bed

Yeah I think this is one of the few times I'd rather be in Shrewsbury than in N ORH at 900 feet....you might hang on a bit longer to these good snows. Its try to back build slightly, so I may end up with good snow a little longer than I first thought....probably some of our upslope magic helping a tad, but the MLs drying out rapidly will limit how long we can keep it. Probably another 20-30 min max. I'll be happy if it goes longer.

This was a great "storm" for SW/W CT. I'm glad for them. This next one will be entertaining for NJ/DE and maybe in a trough in a much lighter version for CT/W 1/2 of MA. The next storm (next week) sucks, no matter how we slice it.

We get meso scale storms most of the time, this pattern is god awful and I understand Ray for once. This is punishment for living through 95-96 and 2005.

Tough/waiting for a 25 mile wide death band be damned. Slantstickers FTW the rest of the night.

What are you talking about?

Archived