• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

Time for a new thread. Here's a link to the old.

1/7 00z models came around to the idea of coastal redevelopment off the Carolina with a track right around the BM. RGEM and GGEM wnet nuclear on SNE and dropped like 1-2 feet. GFS/Ukie dropped a solid advisory/ low end warning criteria and Euro was a solid advisory event as well. 03z SREF's came in more bullish than the 21z.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE UPPER LEVEL CUTOFF LOW

ALSO FORECAST TO MOVE SE TO HELP ENHANCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE

SURFACE SYSTEM. THE MODELS HAVE SIGNALED THAT YET ANOTHER INVERTED

TROUGH TO DEVELOP W AND NW OF THIS LOW...WHICH WOULD BRING SOME

ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL TO EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND POSSIBLY INTO

RHODE ISLAND.

Works for me, whatever you call it.

THE UPPER LEVEL CUTOFF LOW

ALSO FORECAST TO MOVE SE TO HELP ENHANCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE

SURFACE SYSTEM. THE MODELS HAVE SIGNALED THAT YET ANOTHER INVERTED

TROUGH TO DEVELOP W AND NW OF THIS LOW...WHICH WOULD BRING SOME

ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL TO EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND POSSIBLY INTO

RHODE ISLAND.

That's just like the 18z gfs from the other day.

:)

Bob I'm not loving the fact that the gfs kind of bailed at 6z. Did the euro have much of a low?

Time for a new thread. Here's a link to the old.

http://www.americanw...-disco-jan-7-9/

1/7 00z models came around to the idea of coastal redevelopment off the Carolina with a track right around the BM. RGEM and GGEM wnet nuclear on SNE and dropped like 1-2 feet. GFS/Ukie dropped a solid advisory/ low end warning criteria and Euro was a solid advisory event as well. 03z SREF's came in more bullish than the 21z.

I think you should clarify--they went nuclear on Eastern SNE, correct? Don't want to inflame the weenies of GC on this (yet).

Finally off cell.

NAM at 6z actually should have been much better. Offshore s/w running interference it seems but it dropped the PV south again. At 48 the 7h low is south of the 54 0z position. All very positive if it continues.

The GFS I'm not even going to look at it, doesn't matter it's 20 minutes from kickoff.

But was on the cliff next to Kevin when I saw the 6z gfs/nam....nam isn't bad at all, very close.

Congrats GC WSWarning

Typhoon tips rotators are finally moving NW http://radar.weather...id=okx&loop=yes

--

First tease is just missing outside of ACK. Well modeled.

--

RUC/UA/WV confirm a very potent s/w coming down. One trend that is too early to be sure on with the RUC is that it's keeping it more consolidated which I'd think would be a good thing. I haven't seen a s/w this strong in that location digging under a PV since Macho Grande and I've never gotten over Macho Grande.

EDIT: At the same time it should be noted the GFS at 6z tended to hold more back in the packet of energy and it stunk. Red flag?

Typhoon tips rotators are finally moving NW http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=okx&loop=yes

--

First tease is just missing outside of ACK. Well modeled.

--

RUC/UA/WV confirm a very potent s/w coming down. One trend that is too early to be sure on with the RUC is that it's keeping it more consolidated which I'd think would be a good thing. I haven't seen a s/w this strong in that location digging under a PV since Macho Grande and I've never gotten over Macho Grande.

RUC says it does not snow here for twelve hours

RUC says it does not snow here for twelve hours

RUC blows with QPF and I never use it for it, BUT:

The 12z UA/RUC/WV would seem to indicate models blew the placement of this first vorticity max...it's further NW west of Buffalo. If that's right it's probably going to change some things at 12z as some of the forcing is further NW.

Ruc would move snow into western CT over the next several hours, particularly after 1pm.

Archived