joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mass hysteria some of which we're responsible for even here.

They endanger more lives by forcing parents to run around trying to get out of work, having others pick their kids up etc...for what? Snow by 2-4pm?

Not only that, the kids hiding and playing in snowbanks on their snow-day off, is a major hazard in itself.

i totally agree with that...lift will be crazy. very intense snows if that pans out.

That's why I waited until looking at those maps before I went with higher totals. Sometimes I think some people just look at QPF output and go right from there but QPF isn't everything...I understand that the QPF field does take features like lift into account and such but it's not perfect by any means. It's nice to see good QPF values but you also want to double check to see how strong the lift is, where the strongest lift is, and if there is any potential for any dry slotting or downslopping...basically anything that can keep totals down, despite the nice QPF graphics. Then you have to ask yourself, What are the chances of actually seeing this much QPF and how widespread will it be?

You know how it was in the old days lol.

:lol:

RGEM wide right.

NCEP no model diagnostic, sneaking suspicious they're finding data errors. Too funny that each model plays with a solution in tight only to dump it.

Fairly similar through 36, just doesn't get it together at 42 until it's just about 50 miles too far out. CCB just grazes the Cape, maybe a T-2" and more towards the outer cape and islands.

Phil #1500 what do I win?

600_100.gif

ct schools closing early, seemingly without consulting a qualified meteorolgist.

lived through that for a few years

pathetic really

And the opposite as well. Many times we'd be driving home in several inches without an early dismissal. It's really bad.

Archived