joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is someone going to try to tell me the GFS shows an inverted trough too?

I'm just flabergasted. Never use that word ever, but it's just dumbfounding. It makes no sense right now to spend more than a few minutes looking. Enjoy the snow the families, whatever.

Culmination of the 3 models, I think it's a 1-3 or 2-4 deal for right this moment on the Cape and the eastern shoreline. Could be way less, or way more. In this setup I really believe it's going to be a strong low and the models with the deepest lows this run are all east.

GFS Ensembles, Uncle Ukie, etc....who cares they're just going to change tonight and either crush hopes or inflate them.

I'm just flabergasted. Never use that word ever, but it's just dumbfounding. It makes no sense right now to spend more than a few minutes looking. Enjoy the snow the families, whatever.

Culmination of the 3 models, I think it's a 1-3 or 2-4 deal for right this moment on the Cape and the eastern shoreline. Could be way less, or way more. In this setup I really believe it's going to be a strong low and the models with the deepest lows this run are all east.

GFS Ensembles, Uncle Ukie, etc....who cares they're just going to change tonight and either crush hopes or inflate them.

Gfs....snow

Ullr does not approve of bitching when it comes to snow. Let it go. It's gon' snow!

Lol...well that's not a trough...so it would be wrong to call it that on this run

What do you think for BDL???

For today? they'll probably get 3 or 4"... though the measurement from the last storm was a disaster.

I'd probably go with -SN for now Saturday night with some accumulation possible... it's hard to say since the models are having a rough time resolving this feature.

For today? they'll probably get 3 or 4"... though the measurement from the last storm was a disaster.

I'd probably go with -SN for now Saturday night with some accumulation possible... it's hard to say since the models are having a rough time resolving this feature.

hey ryan! you liking SE CT for the sat night event atleast for a period of snow?

What are your thoughts for EMA...looks like SE of Boston should have the best chances of additional accumulation Sat night-Sun.

Yes, thats what it is...its an inverted trough being yanked back from an escaping sfc low.

That's kind of my thinking too...maybe spot 5 through noon tomorrow? Saturday night through me a big curveball.

Yes, thats what it is...its an inverted trough being yanked back from an escaping sfc low.

The problem is, the traditional norlun is usually a bit farther SE than this setup seems to be evolving. The coastal low would be escaping farther SE than modeled now for a "textbook" inv trof snow event. Is that correct?

It's as though we are in between, or at least the model solutions haven't converged on what reality will be.

Archived