• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

When you actually mention those things there's no need to say "should I mention" because you actually did mention it. The comical/sad part is you had those references at your fingertips from 1-2 years ago.

If you'd just made the last point an hour ago a lot of this would have been moot but I'm sure this was all fun for Kev.

Someone asked me the other night how I remembered dates and numbers well....and I said I would get made fun of for remembering them....they couldn't understand.

Well the bolded is an example for that poster.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, the NAM is definitely closer to something more....but still, pull up the h7 map, you probably won't find anything over 20 knots form the east....which is pretty weak for a coastal. If we get it captured sooner and wrapped up a bit, then we'll see all of those parameters increase.

Yea that is a seven map, bout thirty but I hear ya, got to hope some model is correct 24 out, what a clusterfook

The second low stems from an inverted trough. However, this inv trough actually develops into a center of low pressure, both with accompanying mid level centers. The thing is, it still has isobars bowing back towards the ULL, so it does hang on to some inv trough characteristics. It has similarities to both.

100% agree.

But it isn't a norlund I don't believe by strict definition. Inverted trough attached to a low, sure. To what degree we don't know yet.

The GFS ENS pretty clearly show the focus is along that trough.

When you actually mention those things there's no need to say "should I mention" because you actually did mention it. The comical part is you had those references at your fingertips from 1-2 years ago.

If you'd just made the last point an hour ago a lot of this would have been moot but I'm sure this was all fun for Kev.

Maybe if you'd said what you said earlier directly to Kev instead of him running around saying it's 100% the trough there would have been more clarity.

we have bingo

When you actually mention those things there's no need to say "should I mention" because you actually did mention it. The comical part is you had those references at your fingertips from 1-2 years ago.

Maybe if you'd said what you said earlier directly to Kev instead of him running around saying it's 100% the trough there would have been more clarity.

Let's not get nasty. Let's just enjoy what transpires the next couple days. It's too bad that personal attacks need to tarnish interesting conversation.

Someone asked me the other night how I remembered dates and numbers well....and I said I would get made fun of for remembering them....they couldn't understand.

Well the bolded is an example for that poster.

When you've got someone deliberately trying to aggravate others for personal enjoyment and to get a reaction this is what happens. Trolling so to speak. Eventually it will drive a response when normally it would never occur.

Understood on the rest.

anyone else notice...i.e look at the norlun getting going by portland to lewiston maine , now.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=gyx&loop=yes

anyone with the meso models up notice if they had this feature.

and this maine event could probably catch more by suprise if it goes to town.

100% agree.

But it isn't a norlund I don't believe by strict definition. Inverted trough attached to a low, sure. To what degree we don't know yet.

The GFS ENS pretty clearly show the focus is along that trough.

It's all good. I think it has characteristics of both.

Besides...I don't care how it gives me snow..as long as it does.

Let's not get nasty. Let's just enjoy what transpires the next couple days. It's too bad that personal attacks need to tarnish interesting conversation.

Deliberate trolling shouldn't be tolerated whether I do it or anyone else. Eventually it drives a response and it did from me. No excuse it shouldn' t have happened. My bad. I shouldn't have snapped at Will.

--

Scott gives the best explanation going on what's transpiring potentially now it's time for Dr. No to give the final say.

When you've got someone deliberately trying to aggravate others for personal enjoyment and to get a reaction this is what happens. Trolling so to speak. Eventually it will drive a response when normally it would never occur.

Understood on the rest.

My goal wasn't to get into a flame war....it just derails threads.

I think for people to understand at what I was saying about the inverted trough....take a look at the NAM....it has a 980s low centered just south of Block Island....yet the precip barely gets W of an ORH//IJD line....normally you would have precip well west of there on a low centered jst S of block island. Its the lack of mid-level inflow that is confining the precip to a smaller area in E and SE SNE focused on the inverted trough or the isobar weakness. There is definitely some larger scale synoptic lift going on there, but its focused in a narrower area than usual.

It needs to cool faster please. Light snow now, soon to be moderate if not heavy once the 30+ dBZ gets here, but nothing is sticking. That sun earlier killed us and it couldn't be starting on the wet ground at a worse time. Terrible.

Look at the traffic cams to see what is coming your way...it will cheer you up

http://www.ct.gov/do...a=2354&Q=290242

Complete snow cover in norwalk, even the main roads

I think for people to understand at what I was saying about the inverted trough....take a look at the NAM....it has a 980s low centered just south of Block Island....yet the precip barely gets W of an ORH//IJD line....normally you would have precip well west of there on a low centered jst S of block island. Its the lack of mid-level inflow that is confining the precip to a smaller area in E and SE SNE focused on the inverted trough or the isobar weakness. There is definitely some larger scale synoptic lift going on there, but its focused in a narrower area than usual.

Despite some dick heads bitchin I learned a great deal from this discussion, thank you for taking the time to differentiate. appreciate it, OK back to talking about the pedestrian whoppee 2-4

Guy on channel 7 talking about a wave of low pressure, several inches of snow over all of the area from Boston to PVD and SE.

he seemed a little bullish for the weekend, he has 3-6 for most of central and western mass and then several inches for se mass sat night and a few inches on a line from boston to worc to hartford. That would give southern worc county up to 10 inches?

That sound right Will?

Definitely. If the inflow at H7 was stronger than 20 knots as you said it was, then there would be more precipitation extending from the center of the LP because more Atlantic moisture would get involved. Maybe we can beef this up during the day...still...I'm thinking 2-4" total for mby.

I was just discussing an inverted trough nothing more/nothing less. Not sure why anyone got panties bunched..but anyway...

I'm liking the looks of that radar to our SW

what time do you think it reaches you? it slow bleeding type movement makes it a tuff call. i would say 5-7pm.

i think besides our inverted trough swinging thru SNE today.....that the N shore of ma SE NH and SW Maine could have a Norlun get going this afternoon/ evening.

i wouldn't bet big on this but i am intrigued MM5 and nam don't have it....so the radar may probably just die down or not.

Archived