12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well given that we don't have a real good CCB, it could be accurate. It's not like it seems "funny" to me when I look at the qpf. It's one of those things where 20-30 miles north will make a big difference.

Ok thanks Scott. Could the HIRES models be dealing with convective feedback, or is it just that the surface inflow is rather too weak to generate more widespread precip, main thing keeping this down for a bigger event is that the H5 center will be weakening somewhat instead of strengthening as it moves through, makes the more easterly solutions more viable to a degree.

Ginxy's has been the main one, even though I did create mine before he did.:thumbsup:

LOL these things always turn into banter and obs. This community is wonderful at many things but seems to enjoy using only one thread.

Any doubts I had are gone. SN+, cranking. Exposed ground covered totally. We'll be working an inch plus by 2:30 at this rate. Just hope it keeps up. Keep the faith to the east and look forward to this and more tomorrow. :snowman:

I think because mainly we don't ever find them to be helpful but here's another test.

They flop around a lot and seem to go a little overboard with the terrain influences sometimes. I'll peek at them from time to time, but really only in the 0-12hr range. They kinda gave a hint at the squalls we had in NH yesterday.

They flop around a lot and seem to go a little overboard with the terrain influences sometimes. I'll peek at them from time to time, but really only in the 0-12hr range. They kinda gave a hint at the squalls we had in NH yesterday.

makes me wonder why they were pimped by mets in other regions......seems like the QPF from the euro would probably verify much better (even inside 12-24 hours)

I remember one storm where after the fact we looked at one of those two and it was dead on. But I think collectively looking at them today they paint the same picture as all the others. A very narrow band of heavy snow somewhere near SNE.

EDIT Haven't followed it much to know how its done but damn is the RUC slow. 8 hours from now QPF still struggling to make it into even central CT.

I remember one storm where after the fact we looked at one of those two and it was dead on. But I think collectively looking at them today they paint the same picture as all the others. A very narrow band of heavy snow somewhere near SNE.

no actually not. they (ARW. NMM) give much more QPF to alot of areas. you are probably looking at your area or there is a mistake on my part that i'm not seeing.

they give me .75 - 1 inch QPF vs. .20 on the euro. and it's not just a little dot on the map i'm keying in on.

Yeah...they can definitely score their coups from time to time. One of them was really hitting the coastal front S of BOS on the Boxing Day storm, but I don't think the 3" QPF came close to verifying. I guess like all of the models, they're just another tool in the guidance toolbox.

Yeah...they can definitely score their coups from time to time. One of them was really hitting the coastal front S of BOS on the Boxing Day storm, but I don't think the 3" QPF came close to verifying. I guess like all of the models, they're just another tool in the guidance toolbox.

there was 2-2.5 in a swath from Tan NE toward brockton per noaa radar cumulative storm total map...so pretty darn good.

too many empty cal's.....we want you lean and mean for the GTG.

anyway Scott what do you make of the NMM or ARW are they garbage....i mean is there ANY use for them....they give me over .75 QPF lol

Well, they look a little overdone imo. I have not looked too hard at them in depth, but at first glance..seem a little overdone. It might have the right ideas for the jackpot type areas.

Archived