• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

NAM holding back some of the energy this time - started right at 0h and that's well supported by the WV/RUC etc. What we see is a little less vorticity at the coast a few hours earlier 18h than prior runs with more behind it. Kicker or does that buy us time to get it up the coast more? It looks to me like it's not going to sneak the energy around as fast...

Still looks good at 24h imo.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM may come in pretty nice...but it is still suffering from the phase shift issue that Baroclinicity instability posted about earlier. If you compare 500mb on the 18z NAM at 24 hours vs. the 12z NAM at 30 hours...nearly the entire height field is shifted east by maybe 50-100 miles.

Can you post that link again OSU and I don't think anyone would mind if you explained it here - if you don't mind?

it's speeding things up a bit now will it allow it into SNE?

Just an Observation from Trumbull, CT it started snowing about 11 lightly picking up in intensity around 12/1pm snowing moderately-heavy. We have about 3" of snow out there. (eyeballing it off the cars/walls out of the office window) someone measured about 40min ago at 2.5 so it might be a bit more as we had a heavy band on us that is just lightening up.

RTE 111 is a mess with traffic moving about 5mph both up and down....

nam cuts 1'st inv. trough precip down ....especially from an area of about worcester up thru S vt over to say....lowell (traingle) on panel 24

nothing like watchin a storm 5 days then gettin your ballz squeezed in a vice with 12-18 hours to go. :axe:

and i would def. put more stock into this then the ARW OR NMM

nam cuts 1'st inv. trough precip down ....especially from an area of about worcester up thru S vt over to say....lowell (traingle) on panel 24

nothing like watchin a storm 5 days then gettin your ballz squeezed in a vice with 12-18 hours to go. :axe:

And on the other side we have NJ which was forecast to have clear skies for Saturday getting MORE snow. Ugh.!

what's your elevation. seems the town has a spread from 450 to 1100.

ya echos appear to be dying as they move n toward your area....not a good sign for kev either?

978'

this is NOT looking good, reminds me of the storm last year where the echoes just DIED as they tried to move north. Must have something to do with the banding south of here

2.1 so far and SN. Congrats Upton. Guessing we'll end up around 3. Not too shabby.

Beautiful to see the snow sitting on everything as there is no wind. We had one strong gust right at the onset. I'm guessing that was possibly a storm nearby? Didn't hear or see anything though.

and i would def. put more stock into this then the ARW OR NMM

Yeah, since this morning NWS has cut totals here from 3-7" potential to 2-4" potential.

Is there going to be any accumulating snow E of I-91 in Ma. from this?

i think if i was a betting man i would be betting heavily on the UNDER. and i know all along the precip shield is moving on time....i just think it will fall apart....and not really get up. and sat nite looks maybe 50/50 for SE mass....so i'm saying T-2 lollies E OF 91 And within 15 miles of pike.

Archived