• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

I think the leftovers will rotate NE and give a lot of people some light snow...enough for some minor accumulations...maybe an inch or 2. Most guidance does bring the leftovers up...there's no guarantee it happens, but its been over performing as it continues to make progress.

We'll just have to wait and see. These are the ultimate nowcast events.

Pulsed down, hopefully erupts when it hits the hills, KeV will wake up happy.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the leftovers will rotate NE and give a lot of people some light snow...enough for some minor accumulations...maybe an inch or 2. Most guidance does bring the leftovers up...there's no guarantee it happens, but its been over performing as it continues to make progress.

We'll just have to wait and see. These are the ultimate nowcast events.

will what do you think kevin has now? 4 or so...

alright off to bed.....this is beyond agonizing watching a shrinkin but still strong band make very little progress> i hope it gets energized from messenger and ginx joining forces to will it to snow....but when i wake up if i see a weenie flake i will consider it a victory. congrats CT...you F$())$RS

Lol...I just remember you running all over the hotel looking for it and then seeing you slump back down the hallway toward our room knowing you didn't find it.....and then we were like "yeah it was here the whole time, we found it on the ground....sit and have some tequila"....LOL...great times.

Life is good here, just hoping my 1-3" forecast doesn't bust. Hoping we can get enough of whats left of that band into here for a few hours later.

Ha! I'm off to bed but glad to be back in the NE thread... you guys are awesome. See you at the next conference!

I really like that this isn't a big widespread snowstorm with high expectations. For those that are getting clobbered, my sincere congratulations! I'm getting crappy snow growth outside of the band, but not being concerned about accumulation, it's a rather beautiful scene!

I'm here! What's up, Dan? Glad to see you made it and you are doing well. I haven't made it to a conference since the '07 one, but we did two well-attended GTG's down the street from here that fall and early '09. I have a toddler and work travel keeping me busy these days.

As an aside: obviously made it back on my flight back from PHX today. 30 minutes early.

'

Sweet, Hooralph! Nice name change, btw... beautiful baby, btw... congrats! See you soon!

(p.s. most of this chat belongs in PMs but it's been a while)

Maybe an inch? Not expecting more than 3"

I'm pretty happy with my forecast for NH.

Congrats on your forecast!

I think NWS did a pretty good job on this storm for this area. With what we've already got and looking at the radar we probably end with 4"+ from here out to MoneyPit.

I think being SW of the Monadnocks helps this area in these type of events and in SWFE.

BOX radar starting to pick up. Looks like some terrain enhancement for Will and the Monads again and the OES increasing for E MA. Anything reaching the ground your way Will?

Hopefully when that RI band makes it further up, we can wring out whats left in that.

Euro says another 1-2" tomorrow night for most of us, and 3-5" for extreme S RI over to CC.

Will thanks but the Euro blows ;) just like the SREFs which gradually built nothing storm 3 to a decent event before waving the white flag.

Your NOGAPs rule played out here. It's a nothing system pending a big init bust.

Maybe we will get under some of those 0dbz 2" per hour snows and get lucky, who knows.

The 06z RUC had zero qpf between 1am and 2am where the band is right now over NE CT and RI. Not bad for a 1 hour forecast.

This was a great "storm" for SW/W CT. I'm glad for them. This next one will be entertaining for NJ/DE and maybe in a trough in a much lighter version for CT/W 1/2 of MA. The next storm (next week) sucks, no matter how we slice it.

We get meso scale storms most of the time, this pattern is god awful and I understand Ray for once. This is punishment for living through 95-96 and 2005.

Tough/waiting for a 25 mile wide death band be damned. Slantstickers FTW the rest of the night.

Looks like about two inches here in spfd...amazing how that band just fell apart and zoomed through after stalling for hours just south of here..

Where I grew up in Bristol Ct looks like they got eight or nine inches and I am sure they got it really quickly too..

Boy I used to think I missed out when I lived there, but up here in the Springfield area it is actually worse for snow lovers.

Looks like about two inches here in spfd...amazing how that band just fell apart and zoomed through after stalling for hours just south of here..

Where I grew up in Bristol Ct looks like they got eight or nine inches and I am sure they got it really quickly too..

Boy I used to think I missed out when I lived there, but up here in the Springfield area it is actually worse for snow lovers.

Springfield is a local snow hole. You just need another Feb 5, 2001 out there. :lol:

Archived