Newest Member
    amirah5
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa!!

Congrats dude, that's awesome. Good for you guys. Will Rev Kev be presiding???

lol nah...we're just doing a quick ceremony in Worcester...it's impossible to plan a full wedding when I'm applying for NWS jobs all over the US and don't know if we'll be here in 3 months or w.e. We'll likely do a big reception or something when we are settled somewhere.

kinda off topic...but Amy and I are getting married on Friday. weight_lift.gif

Congrats Nick, just make sure she becomes a Bills fan. Mixed marriages are frought with peril.lol

You have another one on the way? Congrats! Didn't know that.

If it's only signs of a cold then by all means, hit the mountain.

Thanks Eric! Things tend to happen during the long, cold and snowy Winters here on the East slope.

lol nah...we're just doing a quick ceremony in Worcester...it's impossible to plan a full wedding when I'm applying for NWS jobs all over the US and don't know if we'll be here in 3 months or w.e. We'll likely do a big reception or something when we are settled somewhere.

LOL, you should have waited until the next gtg. Father Tolland could have blessed you.

LOL, we need a Jayhawk photoshop.

Heavy heavy day off FTW. Any doubters left? The house is rocking now, Pete is grilling huge steaks, Jerry is hitting on some young broad and I am at the door getting new delivery of beer, almost ran out. Somebody crank the volume, We salute you. NNE crew will be late arrivals but soon.

No snow, not even a dusting, still a big doubter....too far NW to get anything tonight/tomorrow.

Hey, this line held together sort of...woke up at the right time.

Things have picked up in the last 5 minutes...coming down pretty good at the moment.

ROFL about BDL...SUCH NONESENSE DOWN THERE...i live twenty minutes from there and for the season i have 8.2 inches total including last night's event and they will have like 18 plus after last night's...

I would love to have all the over reported inches in one season that they have over reported in the lastt fifteen to twenty years, going all the way back to the early 90s!!!

January8-9th2011snowfallmap.png?t=1294495376

This is my snowfall accumulation map for tonight. Parts of the outer Cape will likely deal with a heavier wetter snow and that is the reasoning for the 3-5 and not 5-7". if I am going to bust on Cape Cod, MA, I want to bust on the low side, given that we are warmer about 95% of the time. Islands also should get 3-5". Sharp cutoff to the precip on the western edge given the modeled QPF shield and compact nature of the storm's CCB and comma head. 12z NAM has come in better with precip.

It's going to be interesting. I'm going to do the reverse juju and say the models blow again. Really the NAM - hasn't had the same solution for two runs in days. So it's down to the EC/RGEM/GFS

There's going to be a second max near the trough probably pointing towards Will or Kevin. Down here we may fall on either side of the main band. If we miss and are too far east/west for the trough ugh.

As Bob said it'll be a nowcast tonight. My thought is widespread 1-3" with local lolipops/bands of 2-4 or even 3-6 depending on how it shakes out. On the Cape a more widespread 2-4

The post Christmas measurement (13.9") was out to lunch but last night's seems on target. I live 2 miles from BDL and I've seen strange reports from there over the years both on the high side and the low side

ROFL about BDL...SUCH NONESENSE DOWN THERE...i live twenty minutes from there and for the season i have 8.2 inches total including last night's event and they will have like 18 plus after last night's...

I would love to have all the over reported inches in one season that they have over reported in the lastt fifteen to twenty years, going all the way back to the early 90s!!!

It's going to be interesting. I'm going to do the reverse juju and say the models blow again. Really the NAM - hasn't had the same solution for two runs in days. So it's down to the EC/RGEM/GFS

There's going to be a second max near the trough probably pointing towards Will or Kevin. Down here we may fall on either side of the main band. If we miss and are too far east/west for the trough ugh.

As Bob said it'll be a nowcast tonight. My thought is widespread 1-3" with local lolipops/bands of 2-4 or even 3-6 depending on how it shakes out. On the Cape a more widespread 2-4

i've had enough of missing out on the good stuff. i think i'll be on the road looking for this area should it develop before 2 am. i'm gonna see some heavy crap tonite. Road trip. skiing at 4pm this evening as well. Ginx i don't know man ....but i do know we gotta plenty of time.

There is going to be some mesoscale bands coming through tonight. Will be interesting nonetheless. I'd still go for a general 3-6 from a BOS/PVD line out to the mid-cape.

Nowcast time, look at radar, WV Scott. , picturing big doings your way.

It is really hard for me to feel bad for ANYONE from Worcestor south and east in the state of Mass with all the giant snowfalls over the last twenty years.

Just like the Cape may go a couple years with hardly any snow and then they will get some incredible two foot monster blizzard, i would forgo many of these pedestrian events to see just one storm like that here in the hfdspfd zone.

Congrats OSU.

NAM is so close to giving upwards of 12"+ to Cape Cod, MA. Just move that CCB a tad further north and we have ourselves a huge blizzard. I mean the storm begins to deepen around 8mb/6hours, greater than 1mb/hr pressure falls over the buoy SE of ACK by 54nm would suggest that this CCB moves further northwestward into the South Shore of MA including Cape and Islands. Should be a fun night in my opinion. Hopefully that band of 1.5-1.75" of QPF moves northward more than modeled. So that Cape and Islands can get some fun, NAM is actually signaling a potential slowing down in forward movement by the surface low as it gets captured by the H5 low. However it is too far east for this to greatly benefit us.

Archived