• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

I could see BDL having a foot or so for the season, when i saw the pns thru one am for them and they had about four inches..i thought that was on point being closer to that heavy snow band or in it for a bit longer, whatever...but it just goes on and on and its going to make me insane

I have to let it go lol and hope that there is some big snow somewhere down the line for the lower pioneer valley, after all we are suppossed to average fifty inches a year!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see BDL having a foot or so for the season, when i saw the pns thru one am for them and they had about four inches..i thought that was on point being closer to that heavy snow band or in it for a bit longer, whatever...but it just goes on and on and its going to make me insane

I have to let it go lol and hope that there is some big snow somewhere down the line for the lower pioneer valley, after all we are suppossed to average fifty inches a year!

They could have had 6 inches last night. What i think they are doing is measuring off a snowboard..so the amount will be more than on the ground. I don't think snowboards are that accurate becasue they don't give a true representation of what is actually on the ground.

As fluffy as this snow was last nite..they very well could have had 6+ on the snowboard if they were wiping it clean

there is a huge difference between west hartford and windsor locks...did not someone from west hartford report in with a little over four inches?

I think there could be sizable differences over small areas due to the nature of yesterday's beast/topography. The measurements in question aren't that different, and it sounds fine.

very interesting and unusual event up here...... snow continues in eastern ontario/ottawa area at the trof pivot point (more than 24 hours now), while the base rotates around new england.

meanwhile just to the east here in montreal, nothing much. same boat as NH/VT really.....waiting game. should get some action later today and tomorrow.

Is there a certain rule of thumb when it comes to lightning present off the East Coast in terms of surface low tracks? For an example: If there is lightning off the East Coast would there be more of a tendency for the storm to track closer to the coast or vice versa? I heard this from a meteorologist, I forgot who it was though.

Is there a certain rule of thumb when it comes to lightning present off the East Coast in terms of surface low tracks? For an example: If there is lightning off the East Coast would there be more of a tendency for the storm to track closer to the coast or vice versa? I heard this from a meteorologist, I forgot who it was though.

Convection sometimes robs moisture from other areas but never heard the other theory.

I don't remember who it was, but that logic stuck with me, so now I look for lightning off the East Coast to see if there is any correlation between lightning and a further west tracking low. Anyways it would appear that the thunderstorms are not taking moisture away from this system, looks to be in tandem with the precip over NJ, part of the developing CCB. Cold cloud tops are being enhanced as it tracks generally towards the NNE.

I don't remember who it was, but that logic stuck with me, so now I look for lightning off the East Coast to see if there is any correlation between lightning and a further west tracking low. Anyways it would appear that the thunderstorms are not taking moisture away from this system, looks to be in tandem with the precip over NJ, part of the developing CCB. Cold cloud tops are being enhanced as it tracks generally towards the NNE.

i think it could be agreed upon we all like that track..

camp springs heavy snow discussion from 3 am says moderate from S jersey to SE sne. but haven't heard anything else from them or from norman oklahoma. they have some of the BEST write ups when they do come out so i'm hoping to see them chuck some :weenie: :weenie: 's later today.

you said you were being conservative earlier ....i would like us to pull a rabbit from a hat with the 12z euro's precip shield.

Based on modeling, radar, and water vapor I like the following accumulations for later tonight into tomorrow morning.

I91 west mass and ct...........tr-3 less west more east

I91 east mass ct ri......3-7 less west more east

Montuak pt to taunton to bos east to the canal......4-7

cape cod .......5-11 with blowing and drifting on sunday

Archived