CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:snowman: You got what, 7"? That is certainly worthy of a snowblowing. It is enjoyable and you don't get the heart attack. Just be sure to make nice, neat piles with right angles so you can sip coffee in your living room and admire them for days and days

My sad little snowblower feels neglected. Maybe if it gets put back in the shed my fortunes will change.

No only 4" here but it's a long driveway and snow blowing is so fast.

Here are the unofficial totals from W. Ma. courtesy of WWLP. channel 22 news.

Berkshire County

Great Barrington: 5"

Lanesborough: 5"

Otis: 4"

Peru: 6"

Franklin County:

Colrain: 3"

Erving: 4"

Greenfield: 4"

Hawley: 4"

Leyden: 4"

Leverett: 2" Hampden County:

Agawam: 3.5"

Blandford: 6"

Chicopee: 2"

Hampden: 2.75"

Palmer: 1"

Southwick: 1"

Thorndike: 1.5"

Westfield: 2.3"

W. Springfield: 3"

Hampshire County:

Amherst: 1"

Easthampton: 3"

Goshen: 2"

Granby: 2.5"

Huntington: 3.5"

Northampton: 2.5"

Westhampton: 3.4"

What a morning.

Snowfall variances around sw ct are hard to imagine, cleaning out clients this morning the range was from 2-3 along the I95 corridor to 5 inches just north of rte 1 to between 7-10 inches from the merrit north all within 10 miles of Long Island Sound. The least amounts were from coastal Fairfield to coastal Westport.

SE winds off the sound really hurt the immediate coast, where the snow was wet, only a few miles inland like 3 or 4 the snow was like pixie dust.

Glad to see snow for all the boys and girls up north last night and here is to more tonight and next week!!!:snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

GF says an inch feel in needham this morning.since 7.....boss told her to sweep the side walk in front of the studio so the heffers don't fall down and go boom.

that's not very nice at all...don't act like that meat head on the PF comercials- "I lift things up, and put them down"

maybe your New Year's resolution should be to work on your personality, it only seems fair if those "heifers" can find the resolve to work on their health...

Thunderstorm/Lightning detection

Here is the latest lightning strikes, storms developing east of NJ. We have ourselves a very potent shortwave and surface cyclogenesis. I think this can track further west than modeled as lightning allows downstream ridging to develop and slows down the progress of the upper level shortwave and H5 trough. Right now this is looking like a benchmark track. The buoy southeast of nantucket, MA by about 54nm could be quite interesting tonight. I would put the heavier QPF further northwest than what the models are showing, just my opinion, but officially I am going conservatively.

weenie moisture working in from the SW on a line from newport to cumberland to ORH....on composite radar....not that it means much or anything for that matter...

but i was wondering if it may enhance that band that is from ptwon to s. BOS to fitchburg shortly.

clouds were breaking up in westborough but now it has clouded back over....weenie flakes here are on life support.

that's not very nice at all...don't act like that meat head on the PF comercials- "I lift things up, and put them down"

maybe your New Year's resolution should be to work on your personality, it only seems fair if those "heifers" can find the resolve to work on their health...

well your right....but those weren't my words they were her bosses....who is a women. and not skinny at that.

Reading the thread FYL 1 inch here, Will and I were commenting on you while you slept Youk. Started new thread on tonights action.

LOL I saw that this morning, as I was going back into the thread, checking to see people's comments on the remaining snowbands. I guess my inch must have come pretty quick, just after midnight

Ginx what is your thoughts on when precip breaks out over S C. CT And RI?

Thunderstorm/Lightning detection

Here is the latest lightning strikes, storms developing east of NJ. We have ourselves a very potent shortwave and surface cyclogenesis. I think this can track further west than modeled as lightning allows downstream ridging to develop and slows down the progress of the upper level shortwave and H5 trough. Right now this is looking like a benchmark track. The buoy southeast of nantucket, MA by about 54nm could be quite interesting tonight. I would put the heavier QPF further northwest than what the models are showing, just my opinion, but officially I am going conservatively.

http://www.spc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfctest/new/viewsector.php?sector=16#

doesn't show much pressure falls.....thou sometimes i think it is "off"

yeah something along those lines. i've gone 4-7. the NAM has had some serious run-to-run consistency issues so it's more just fun to look at.

if that nam run is closer to reality...i'd potentially bust a little on the low end of the range.

gfs holds serve this run.

What do you like for areas out this way with the inv trough?

Archived