CoastalWx Posted Sunday at 11:50 AM Share Posted Sunday at 11:50 AM 3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: 5.40 What a clown. Man bow the fuck down. 5 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kdxken Posted Sunday at 11:52 AM Share Posted Sunday at 11:52 AM 3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said: We're knocking on the door for 10" on the month right now. Maybe we'll break a foot before this event ends. I would be looking for a new money pit. This isn't going to help. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SouthCoastMA Posted Sunday at 11:53 AM Share Posted Sunday at 11:53 AM 4 minutes ago, dendrite said: I bust his balls, but wind is definitely the most difficult common weather variable for home weather stations to get sited accurately. Most people have trees or can’t get the anny on the roof. I’m sure 10mph on his deck surrounded by oaks probably translates to 30-40mph. Maybe we can get a bumper crop of lantern flies and gypsies next year to take his oaks down. Oh I don't even use mine for wind. it sits about 6ft above the roof ridge and it still underestimates by over 50%. I'm guessing trees and roof turbulence. I do have a handheld but you need to be in an open area like a field or beach. Could also be an issue with the device itself but I haven't bothered to inspect it after I installed. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TauntonBlizzard2013 Posted Sunday at 11:56 AM Share Posted Sunday at 11:56 AM 5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said: What a clown. Man bow the fuck down. Got into a firehose. Just soaked. Wind sucked, I was right about that 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CoastalWx Posted Sunday at 11:59 AM Share Posted Sunday at 11:59 AM 3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: Got into a firehose. Just soaked. Wind sucked, I was right about that You’re never right Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TauntonBlizzard2013 Posted Sunday at 12:01 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:01 PM 1 minute ago, CoastalWx said: You’re never right Many times I’m not, but calling out the wind of this thing was an easy one. We always underperform winds here. 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TalcottWx Posted Sunday at 12:07 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:07 PM 20 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: 5.40 LOL 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ginx snewx Posted Sunday at 12:11 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:11 PM 20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said: What a clown. Man bow the fuck down. TMEH! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lava Rock Posted Sunday at 12:12 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:12 PM 0.15". Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ginx snewx Posted Sunday at 12:12 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:12 PM 20 minutes ago, kdxken said: I would be looking for a new money pit. This isn't going to help. Right into our winter pattern love it 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Torch Tiger Posted Sunday at 12:18 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:18 PM 7 hours ago, vortex95 said: BOS G50KT. How is that cancel? BED G40KT, G61 KT Welfleet and on Block Island. Exactly as fcst and what the HRRR showed. Next thing you'll do is "we cancel the rain" Pfft! You do realize this is duration event and the rain does not end in ern sections until close to sunrise Tue. Pedestrian Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CoastalWx Posted Sunday at 12:20 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:20 PM Good storm for this time of year for sure. You never see 50kts in September from a coastal. Looks like back areas will have over 8” rain by later tomorrow. Probably from Wareham to Desperate Housewives. 2 3 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vortex95 Posted Sunday at 12:20 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:20 PM 3 hours ago, ineedsnow said: Very gusty at home but noticeably less in leominster but still windy.. people were wild in the stores yesterday hopefully they all stay home today to.make my day easy.. I dread working the day before we get a legit hurricane up here if everyone went nuts just over this but it would be worth it i guess. Worth it? You might think differently when you do not have power for a month! 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vortex95 Posted Sunday at 12:20 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:20 PM 2 hours ago, CoastalWx said: Getting slammed WE +RA! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Damage In Tolland Posted Sunday at 12:21 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:21 PM 47 minutes ago, kdxken said: Doesn't matter much, he confirmed last night what was long suspected. None of the data is near accurate. All my data is dead nuts on. Those that have weather stations understand . You don’t have one in your little wood pit there so you make stuff up and lash out at those that appreciate official data and science 3 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Damage In Tolland Posted Sunday at 12:22 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:22 PM 31 minutes ago, dendrite said: I bust his balls, but wind is definitely the most difficult common weather variable for home weather stations to get sited accurately. Most people have trees or can’t get the anny on the roof. I’m sure 10mph on his deck surrounded by oaks probably translates to 30-40mph. Maybe we can get a bumper crop of lantern flies and gypsies next year to take his oaks down. Definitely gusted 50-55 all over this area in the hilly terrain 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vortex95 Posted Sunday at 12:22 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:22 PM 59 minutes ago, dendrite said: When I said “weenie” Wellfleet site I didn’t mean it was wrong or incorrectly sited. Just that it’s in a perfect elevated spot to maximize wind. They’re the peak wind in a lot of events. The one on Block Island is on a bluff too (Mohegan Bluffs) but I’m not aware of any elevation there near 150ft. Maybe there is and I’ll eat my hat. Got it! Recall the G113 mph Oct 2021!? 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TauntonBlizzard2013 Posted Sunday at 12:23 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:23 PM 5.84. Most impressive rain event in my 8 years at my current local 6 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lava Rock Posted Sunday at 12:27 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:27 PM 0.12" overnight, trees barely moving. Might finish with more than 1/2".Very disappointing but not surprising. Same old song and danceSent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HoarfrostHubb Posted Sunday at 12:28 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:28 PM 1.2” event total so far. tons of leaves and small branches down in my yard. town social media page has had lots of pictures of trees down. We lost power for about 3 minutes once. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vortex95 Posted Sunday at 12:31 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:31 PM 9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said: Good storm for this time of year for sure. You never see 50kts in September from a coastal. Looks like back areas will have over 8” rain by later tomorrow. Probably from Wareham to Desperate Housewives. It about time you fess up and admit it is BIG, esp.for Sep. What was I saying for DAYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? The signal was there and climo anomaly alone spoke volumes, not just the the low, but with the high to the N! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vortex95 Posted Sunday at 12:34 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:34 PM Is the 6.47" report in New Bedford legit? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brian5671 Posted Sunday at 12:35 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:35 PM Still gusting to 50 here. Rain about 1 inch for the event with another day to go. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SJonesWX Posted Sunday at 12:37 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:37 PM less than 1/2” rain so far with very little wind. Yawn Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VivaManchVegas Posted Sunday at 12:37 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:37 PM 41 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said: Oh I don't even use mine for wind. it sits about 6ft above the roof ridge and it still underestimates by over 50%. I'm guessing trees and roof turbulence. I do have a handheld but you need to be in an open area like a field or beach. Could also be an issue with the device itself but I haven't bothered to inspect it after I installed. I have 120 foot king pines around me and mine sits on a pole at the peak of the room as well. I would give it a 1:3 ratio as well. We are up to almost 1" for the event. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dendrite Posted Sunday at 12:37 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:37 PM On 9/26/2026 at 8:22 AM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: Well see. This is remarkably pedestrian thus far 21 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: This is going about as I thought here. Rain is banded and just misery mist for the most part. Winds are mediocre. Not being a Debbie, I just didn’t think this would end up as as a mid or upper tier event here, and it hasn’t. 20 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: 0.58 and peak gust of 21.7 mph, we’ll never forget this one 10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: 2.26. Looks like we dry for a while. See if we can’t add some more, but looks more showery moving forward. 50 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: 5.40 13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said: 5.84. Most impressive rain event in my 8 years at my current local Classic tblizz. Already in midseason form unlike our slacker football team that won’t play in the preseason. Don’t ever change. 7 7 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CoastalWx Posted Sunday at 12:39 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:39 PM Radar woefully underestimated the small droplet stuff. Even in downpours the drops are not large, just heavy. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CoastalWx Posted Sunday at 12:40 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:40 PM 5 minutes ago, vortex95 said: Is the 6.47" report in New Bedford legit? I’m fairly certain that area maybe just north and east has near 7” 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moneypitmike Posted Sunday at 12:42 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:42 PM 7 minutes ago, vortex95 said: Is the 6.47" report in New Bedford legit? Neighobring station here is now at 6.24". So, I"ll see reasonably so 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Baroclinic Zone Posted Sunday at 12:45 PM Share Posted Sunday at 12:45 PM Over 5” 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now