Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,039
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

October 2026 general discussion


Typhoon Tip
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

C’mon, 45F with no shot of snow isn’t that stressful ;) 

 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

40, rain, mud, kids tracking it in house….while you post pics of the Stowe quad shrouded in dendrites. No stress here. 

 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Touche :lol: 

You’re a bad man.

So, when are we firing up the NNE snow, I mean, cold season, thread?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like @CoastalWx gets to keep his beloved NAM a little longer!

As for his "garbage" model (RRFS), it does appear to have issues w/ making deeply  occluded lows into TCs too easily.  It did that for the most recent storm.  But non-TC CAMs usually do.
 

nam.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

They typically mature too quickly and we get leftover banded mess. Not all, but I prefer Miller Bs here. That’s our bread and butter.

"Yah but" you do not have to be concerned about the storm developing "too late" or any issues w/ moisture.  You do not even need a strong sfc low and still get crushed.  Jan 20, 1978 is a classic example.  Gave BOS is biggest 24 hr snowstorm up this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I do apologize if I came in hot-headed, but the storm last weekend was highly anomalous. We are doing something for the Tri-State Conference this weekend coming up on 10/10. (Yeah, I went to WCSU). Please, please register. Weather weenies weeny-ing out is always a good time, in-person. I’d like to meet the faces to the board monikers, and arguably save the dept. 10/10/26. 30 dollars and you get breakfast and lunch on top of “shooting the breeze” with fellow nerds. Doesn’t happen often, I just hope it isn’t the last from a budget perspective

(The foliage should be quite nice), regardless.

 

 

 

IMG_5723.jpeg

IMG_5722.jpeg

IMG_5721.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Brewbeer said:

Do you recommend a Rt. 2 drive to North Adams for lunch?  come back on Rt. 116?  might be scenic ...

I'm no longer in western MA.....but yes.  This is a great time to head up to Route 2.  Hop off 91 in Greenfield......from Shelburne all the way over the mountain should be fantastic. 

Another great way back from North Adams would be 116 to 112 to 143.  Bring you through Pete's hood.  Though from what I hear, they've been in stick season since Labor Day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...