Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,040
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

2026 Tropical Tracking Thread


WxWatcher007
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Wasn’t our last tropical impact by isaias? 

Weren’t the remnants of Ida pretty bad in the MA?

Just now, George BM said:

Introduce her to the thrill of hurricane force winds and sideways rains. :thumbsup:

She’s been, but we have a rule where birthday plans are nonnegotiable. I’ve hopped on flights around my birthday to leave her behind for chases.

I guess the bill is coming due. Literally and figuratively. :lol: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

She’s been, but we have a rule where birthday plans are nonnegotiable. I’ve hopped on flights around my birthday to leave her behind for chases.

I guess the bill is coming due. Literally and figuratively. :lol: 

Divorce is always an option. I know a good attorney if you need one. Plus @mitchnick would probably do it pro bono for you. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Weren’t the remnants of Ida pretty bad in the MA?

She’s been, but we have a rule where birthday plans are nonnegotiable. I’ve hopped on flights around my birthday to leave her behind for chases.

I guess the bill is coming due. Literally and figuratively. :lol: 

I use to have a girlfriend like that lol. I have a new rule for the next one. Snow is more important than our relationship will ever be, includingyour birthday. I'll be on the Tug Hill all winter playing in snow and I work 7 days a week during the warm seasons. Take it or leave it lol

I like what I'm seeing in the gulf. I'd chase if I didn't have a large project right now. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I use to have a girlfriend like that lol. I have a new rule for the next one. Snow is more important than our relationship will ever be, includingyour birthday. I'll be on the Tug Hill all winter playing in snow and I work 7 days a week during the warm seasons. Take it or leave it lol

I like what I'm seeing in the gulf. I'd chase if I didn't have a large project right now. 

I’m sure there’s someone out there that would take that deal :lol: 

We let each other be ourselves. That works well most of the time. 
 

Looks like we have a center reformation ongoing. A vertically aligned system substantially increases RI odds.

  • 100% 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, good recall. That was highly impactful.

Don’t really think this will be Helene for anyone including western NC. If memory serves me right they had a predecessor rain event just days before Helene. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

hurricane now.

And with that, my peak season forecast grade improves. Might get two H's now that the NHC won't have to worry about postseason futility records with Fay. :lol: 

 

Peak Season Forecast (Aug 20-Oct 20)
Named Storms: 5 (6)
Hurricanes: 3 (1)
Major Hurricanes: 1 (0)

Dolly, Edouard, Fay, Gonzalo, Hanna, Isaias (H)

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can see in this IR image that the environment isn't pristine, but there's just enough of a window to allow for the inner core to take shape. Now we're in the intensification phase and if the core can remain shielded from the shear and drier air to the west this has a chance to become a major before shear takes its toll on Friday. 

sknuJsf.gif

 

As for impacts beyond landfall, meaningful rain continues to look likely up and down the east coast, as the remnants of Isaias seem to get caught up in a subtle trough and get kicked eastward as it gains forward speed post landfall. It doesn't look like flooding rain, but I think we need a little more time to get a sense of the rain potential. 

What continues to be interesting to me is the potential for at least some favorable conditions for severe storms, especially if the timing ends up a bit slower and the mid level center passes to our west during daytime Sunday. 

EmUvYsj.gif

VGKTydx.gif

From the SPC: 

For Sun/D5, the shortwave trough and remnants of the tropical
   cyclone will generally move northeastward toward the Appalachians
   and toward the Carolinas and southern Mid Atlantic. It is possible
   that the upper system outruns the unstable warm sector, but at least
   a low end chance of severe is not out of the question. 
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...