Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
May Discobs 2024

George BM

On 5/24/2024 at 11:25 AM, 87storms said:

Bullish low humidity forecast for next next week from LWX...

Behind this wave, dew points will fall into 40s come next Thursday
with highs in the upper 60s to low 70s. This may be the least humid
day until September across the area.

I hope we don't have another cold summer.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I hope we don't have another cold summer.

I’m just glad it’s been a wetter year so far. Spring ‘24 vs ‘23 are like two different climates. Rode over at the ‘shed yesterday and had gnats flying in my face. Felt like old times.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, WeatherShak said:

Pretty crazy lightning and thunder show the last hour in the Alexandria Fort Belver area

Yeah, late last evening was the most rough/tumble stormy wx we've had in these parts in awhile...great light show!

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

72/62 under sunny skies at Deep Creek.  Beautiful day to be on the lake!

Ahh, MAN, that sounds PERFECT!!! It's kinda stinky hot/muggy down here in the burbs -- currently 91 -- but I'll gladly take it cuz for a change, it's mostly sunny and NOT raining!

And always remember...when it's sunny and not raining in late spring and summer, enjoy life like your dog does (as Kona was doing here yesterday afternoon).  ;) 

image.gif.78cc4ffdcfa47607c3fb003fb84b0346.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Effing deluge here. I wasn't expecting anything like this until much later tonight into tomorrow. 

Yeah, interesting...lots of popcorn showers/storms on either side of the Bay this afternoon. And a somewhat derecho-ish looking line just on the other side of the Apps heading this way as well. We'll see...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CAPE said:

0.8". Initial storm has passed east but looks like maybe round 2 developing just to the west.

Probably a boundary formed from the east wind off the ocean, as soon as the fogged rolled back in down OC those storms starting forming

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Probably a boundary formed from the east wind off the ocean, as soon as the fogged rolled back in down OC those storms starting forming

Yeah that might have had something to do with it. Warm front in the vicinity too. Storms were more pulse in nature. That second batch never made it here. Blossomed then disintegrated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Yeah, late last evening was the most rough/tumble stormy wx we've had in these parts in awhile...great light show!

Ahh, MAN, that sounds PERFECT!!! It's kinda stinky hot/muggy down here in the burbs -- currently 91 -- but I'll gladly take it cuz for a change, it's mostly sunny and NOT raining!

And always remember...when it's sunny and not raining in late spring and summer, enjoy life like your dog does (as Kona was doing here yesterday afternoon).  ;) 

image.gif.78cc4ffdcfa47607c3fb003fb84b0346.gif

This is adorable!

• Haha 1

Great day to be outside doing yard work... Spent the entire day out side... Hopefully this latest line coming east can hold together alittle since this ain't midnight... For what was expected to be a damp week at times - 3 brief showers and .01 total

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

0.8". Initial storm has passed east but looks like maybe round 2 developing just to the west.

I was out crabbing and watched that complex build from a little puff around 9:30 on the other side of the bay. That puff built into a beautiful complex of towering thunderstorm over several hours. It was really interesting to watch it develop. I feel like it was a boundary left over from the overnight storms. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic