Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
May Discobs 2024

George BM

19 hours ago, Interstate said:

It is working now for LWX

Well, while the 'testing' was going on (that NWS Blacksburg DID send out a statement on between 8a-3p) I could use the dropdowns and point and click, just came in from working outside and went to check radar since rain drove me in.... back to nada. Amazing.  Can you go back to 'testing' Blacksburg??

Weren't we susposed to have interesting weather today? I thought today was going to be a thunderstorm day. Looks like HRRR brings in some storms later on. I wouldn't mind some thunder. 

Looks like Sunday afternoon into Monday is the areawide storm opp now.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Storms incoming from my west look like they may be drying up and reform east. Corn dust doing its due diligence.

I’m going to get a thunder sprinkle unless that middle cell starts moving right a bit 

23 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Wow this thing is whopping  a punch The wind is crazy. Lot of lightning before then when the cell hit the wind driven rain was loud. Our bedroom faces west so got the brunt of it. 

IMG_0730.thumb.png.ff75d1848837330176b33030102979f3.png

The people in the house 2 miles ese  of Frederick said it scared them bad.

What do you think winds were and anybody know about cloud tops?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Sprinkle. No thunder 

I"m surprised.    We heard thunder in North Laurel and then again in the Oakland Mills area of Columbia.   We were also able to see lightning from the cell up near York after dark.

Some signal in the CAMs for a few storms around later tonight, although I'm not sure what would trigger them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Thunderstorms popping on the Delmarva this AM

Some rumbles of thunder and moderate rain at my place. Looks like places just further south and east will do the best based on the position of the stalled front.

4 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Friend up in Urbana just west of I-270/Rt 80 got hit hard by that storm last evening with 1-inch hail and pretty good wind.  Frederick County has been getting it!

How about that cool, sunny weather later next week?  Highs upper 60s/low 70s?

Cool around here usually includes abundant cloud cover, at least in this current regime...I hope that's not the case.  We've been doing exceptionally well with sunshine when temps are above 75-80.  I'd like to lock that in for a few months.

Bullish low humidity forecast for next next week from LWX...

Behind this wave, dew points will fall into 40s come next Thursday
with highs in the upper 60s to low 70s. This may be the least humid
day until September across the area.
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Friend up in Urbana just west of I-270/Rt 80 got hit hard by that storm last evening with 1-inch hail and pretty good wind.  Frederick County has been getting it!

How about that cool, sunny weather later next week?  Highs upper 60s/low 70s?

I drove through the mess it left behind on southbound 270. The leaf  splatter had covered the road and the left lane was closed at bottom of downgrade , looked like a washout 

On 5/23/2024 at 10:34 PM, WEATHER53 said:

The people in the house 2 miles ese  of Frederick said it scared them bad.

What do you think winds were and anybody know about cloud tops?

I don’t know. It was one line cell and it was not very big. Before it got the lightning was pretty prolific. I had no clue that the wind would hit that bad. But we have a tree line right behind our house and the back of the house got hit with small sticks. The deck was covered in leaves and twigs/sticks when I went out the next morning .

23 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

tale of two seasons with freeze warnings in ND and excessive heat warnings for heat index values up to 118 in southern texas.

It is quite hot here. Today we hit 99. Dews were as high as 79. At times, heat indices were up in the low 110s. This is kind of early for this kind of heat/ humidity.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic