• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

43 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Insane storms in Iowa. Obvious PDS warnings up. 

o0YGhdm.png

The live streams from chasers today is unreal!  The Wind Farm destruction live video was pretty epic...

• Like 2

Anvil wall to my west.   Cloudy and hot now... always an interesting very pithy summer vibe when that sets up.  87

Slow moving pulse severes up Rt 2.  doubt they get here - have seen this before and they seldom do.  Residual showers from dead vils later in the evening with the only thunder being the loud, rapid cricket song. 

It's also interesting to back up a thunderstorm day anywhere in New England with a heat.   This is something I've noted as new to our climate over the last 5 years.  I'd always noticed that any convection around here was always immediately rewarded the next day by the complimentary air mass change.  In fact it was always so dependable I don't recall it ever not taking place.  But this is more than a handful of times now I've seen this taking place over the last several summers now.  And it's just May 21.   90 here.  Thunder in the area.  Even hotter tomorrow.   What is this, Enid Oklahoma

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m usually early turning the heat on in the fall but there’s no way I’m installing this week. It’ll be right back to seasonable in a few days. 

Same here.   It’s going to be two warm days with reasonable nights so just open all the windows in the evening. Next week looks great. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...Early ac install, but Sunday, I took apart the window unit and cleaned it, so I might as well install now before it gets nasty.

Window fans only here very comfortable. Pool felt great 67 degrees, we summer we party. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...Early ac install, but Sunday, I took apart the window unit and cleaned it, so I might as well install now before it gets nasty.

Most AC’s are put up and in Napril. Folks like to get them in and get that chore out of the way. They’ve been needing AC at Stowe this week. How can people in SNE sleep in the high dews and heat? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That was as intense of a hail storm as I have ever seen in Greenfield!

Quarter size hail stones mixed in with lots of dime sized.

Glad to hear it was bad, lol.  I sms'd my buddy in Greenfield to warn him and would have sucked if storm was weak.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Glad to hear it was bad, lol.  I sms'd my buddy in Greenfield to warn him and would have sucked if storm was weak.

At first I thought it was a full miss because it was north of us and then another Cell blew up 10 minutes later.

my weather station crapped out today, won’t connect to Wi-Fi. I didn’t like being away from home and not knowing what the weather was doing at home. Troubleshooting it, so far no dice. 
anyway, currently 65 with a light t-storm has brought the temp down to 66 of a high of around 88