Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter Apr 3rd-4th OBS

wxeyeNH

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Actually fairly bright skies in Greenfield right now with light precipitation.

08376F7D-D130-429F-96B7-C6D1CC247E73.thumb.jpeg.b53f5723740b9bea3f8f2dcea4e9ab6f.jpeg

I’ve noticed the same here past hour .. skies brightening up as the winds picked up

If I had to guess its due to some lower level dry air being advected in 

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A bit easier reading the colors on this map.........

StormTotalSnowWeb_040324.jpg

I was tempted to spam my friends and family with the 1-in-10 high-end map showing 21" for Portland.

That BTV precip onset map really is something. And of course the whole purpose of products like that is to help the general public plan. Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PWMan said:

I was tempted to spam my friends and family with the 1-in-10 map showing 21" for Portland.

That BTV precip onset map really is something. And of course the whole purpose of maps like that is to help the general public plan. Yikes.

Wait to spam them with the 18z HRRR one instead, That model is very cold.

33.2F  Light snow.  Vis 3/4  Large aggragates and the snow is starting to accumulate on the grass.  I took this picture of my snow stake just before the snow.  Just so I'm on the up and up that 1" line on the stake looks pretty close to the grass so we can take 1/2" off my total when we are done.  Any guesses?  The winner will get to come up here on Friday and can snowblow the driveway, at least enough to get the cars in and out.  I'm not going overboard on April 3rd.

snow stake before.jpg

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

That map is confusing to me.  Look at Plymouth NH.  Most people see the 8-12".  Looking at the side bar Plymouth is in the 12-18" with lollies to darker reds over 18".  There has got to be a better way

If you hit the point forecast on that graphic it gets more specific of where some fall in that grid.

• Like 1