• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2024

George BM

Reading this forum as they look for their first 90 degree day seems a bit quaint (no offense intended) as I’m here literally melting in 100 degree heat in Vietnam. It’s been hitting 100+ for more than a month now, through the entire duration of our 3-week trip here, and looks to last through late May. Southeast Asia has been baking, making me root for a strong nina so they could at least get some relief. They need it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Reading this forum as they look for their first 90 degree day seems a bit quaint (no offense intended) as I’m here literally melting in 100 degree heat in Vietnam. It’s been hitting 100+ for more than a month now, through the entire duration of our 3-week trip here, and looks to last through late May. Southeast Asia has been baking, making me root for a strong nina so they could at least get some relief. They need it. 

We can use the word quaint when rooting for cold/snow while some people struggle to find shelter or drive to work, hurricanes/tornadoes that destroy homes, and wind storms that down trees and damage crops.  I get the whole dynamic surrounding CC, but it doesn't change the fact that I prefer warmer weather (80s and sun fits my hobbies).  Ideally, we would have 4 equally balanced seasons, but last year showed how challenging that can be with the mild winter and cooler/drier summer combo.  This year feels more normal so far in the MA with at least some snow yielding a mixed back of cool/cloudy and warm/stormy so far this spring.

On 4/21/2024 at 1:14 PM, dailylurker said:

I'm over here on Wye Island doing some hiking and it's perfect weather. It's nice and cool with gray sky. It's really pretty over here. 

I went there today. Oddly, same weather, which was awesome. It is a great spot and I haven't been there for years. That Osage trail is so cool with those trees forming a tunnel. Sort of otherworldly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Terpeast said:

Just picked a forecast (HCM City) and it's highs in the low 100s and lows mid 80s for the next several days - holy moly!

Chilly, rainy and dreary as we we wait for the warm front.  What a boundary!  There's a couple upper 40s in SW PA and not too far west near Pittsburgh there are low 80s.  All of WV is cooking

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I went there today. Oddly, same weather, which was awesome. It is a great spot and I haven't been there for years. That Osage trail is so cool with those trees forming a tunnel. Sort of otherworldly.

Osage orange trees are awesome. Until fall when they drop the warty softballs.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Osage orange trees are awesome. Until fall when they drop the warty softballs.

Monkey brains.

Definitely no resemblance to an orange, other than the size. I guess that's it.

My Osage Orange Trees - The Martha Stewart Blog

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Just picked a forecast (HCM City) and it's highs in the low 100s and lows mid 80s for the next several days - holy moly!

Chilly, rainy and dreary as we we wait for the warm front.  What a boundary!  There's a couple upper 40s in SW PA and not too far west near Pittsburgh there are low 80s.  All of WV is cooking

Yep, that’s where we are. And that’s not even the hottest spot… HCM is close to the coast so it gets some marine influence that limits high temps. Areas further inland, even the suburbs, have been routinely reaching 105. Brutal. 

Checking in from the Cascades where winter seems to last forever.  Working a job at a big ski Mountain I can say I am very weary of snow and winter.  Still 126” base at mid-mountain.  Actually looking forward to hot humid Virginia wedding in July LOL

Photos from my shift this morning and more snow coming.. 

IMG_4045.heicIMG_4044.heicIMG_4047.thumb.jpeg.221827f987c20268342ce181cf0165d5.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, snownut said:

Checking in from the Cascades where winter seems to last forever.  Working a job at a big ski Mountain I can say I am very weary of snow and winter.  Still 126” base at mid-mountain.  Actually looking forward to hot humid Virginia wedding in July LOL

Photos from my shift this morning and more snow coming.. 

IMG_4045.heic 1.34 MB · 15 downloads IMG_4044.heic 1.4 MB · 7 downloads IMG_4047.thumb.jpeg.221827f987c20268342ce181cf0165d5.jpeg

What is that white stuff?  

It looks fabulous to me. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic