Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

36.9/28  That roaring sound is starting in the forest trees.  Davis high gust last hour  E 27

Might get interesting there on the west side of the ridge. Maybe we can get a 2017 blowdown in Moultonboro.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We tried desperately to tell em yesterday . Over and over and six ways to Sunday and they insisted on all heavy wet snow , and tossed the NAM. 

Yep, never ever toss the NAM in these setups. That’s one of the things it’s very good it, sniffing out mid level warm layers. 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I would be if my local ski hill was still open...but they closed this past weekend

If i was still riding i would be very giddy about another couple trips, But that shipped sailed in late march.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The Nam sucked ass in the 3/23 storm up here and its already wrong in areas that are pelting now that showed rain..............lol

This is why the P-type maps can suck too and not great to use. Given how cold it is aloft, combined with some dry air, it isn't surprising many are seeing sleet or sleet mixing in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is why the P-type maps can suck too and not great to use. Given how cold it is aloft, combined with some dry air, it isn't surprising many are seeing sleet or sleet mixing in. 

You have to look at soundings to get a clearer picture of whats going on aloft, This is a good candidate for a nowcasting event.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bryan63 said:

Must be pretty cold aloft, have sleet falling. Currently 43.

It's more that it is dry aloft in the mid levels. Wet bulb cooling the column is doing the bulk of the work there even with torchy surface temps.

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m going to guess soil temps are factored into those depth maps. 4”/8” here is 40F and I tend to run cool locally. So the model probably isn’t liking snow falling onto 40-50F soils. 

Surprised there haven't been a ton of AFDs crapping on the event because of warm ground. 

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Might get interesting there on the west side of the ridge. Maybe we can get a 2017 blowdown in Moultonboro.

That was a great WTF event.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. A big bag of WTF in that one. 

I’d argue those were my strongest prolonged winds since moving here. Coop door almost blew off. Blizzard conditions with the lgt/mod snow and BLSN. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I’d argue those were my strongest prolonged winds since moving here. Coop door almost blew off. Blizzard conditions with the lgt/mod snow and BLSN. 

I still can't wrap my head around that. Maybe Legro can man up and do a case study. I mean I understand on a high level, but that area off rt 109 near Castle in the Clouds was leveled. There is a golf course there that was gone.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We tried desperately to tell em yesterday . Over and over and six ways to Sunday and they insisted on all heavy wet snow , and tossed the NAM. 

You were pumping the NAM when it tracked to Montreal and said it would never come south 

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Are we talking the Mar snow event? I gusted big in that one with downslope assist. 50+

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. A big bag of WTF in that one. 

Yeah, when the reports started coming in of a possible microburst...

But we did dig into the mesonets nearby and you could see the localized strong gusts. IIRC the inversion height was perfect for ranges like the Ossipees.