Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

One thing I keep seeing on Bufkit forecast soundings is that the first 10-12 or so inches have deep saturation through the DGZ, but the next 6-10 the DGZ dries out. I would be pretty wary of that additional snow unless that profile changes significantly on these 12z runs.

Yep. I know we were hammering that point yesterday. For winds, looks like mixing (although typically inverted in the interior with low level cold) could be an issue. We don't have the arctic air like we do earlier in the season along with cooling 925 temps. That could be nuts where it pounds at 32F with 40-50moh winds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

C’mon …you’re pumped about this..no?  How can ya not be? I’d be if it was here. It’ll melt in no time. 

Not really, Who cares about padding stats? But i do like the potential severe aspect to it.

• Like 2

Still flashes much of NH to snow around midnight and then pounds through late morning. 2m is pretty cold too…subfreezing here all day. 

3k does keep SE NH with off and on IP issues through morning. 

Should be interesting to see how things develop later tonight. Always a snowball's throw away from significant impact being closer to the coast, but at least it's not boring. It would be nice to see mood flakes into the weekend but I'm guessing it'll just be cloudy/drizzly for the most part. 43/35

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Still flashes much of NH to snow around midnight and then pounds through late morning. 2m is pretty cold too…subfreezing here all day. 

3k does keep SE NH with off and on IP issues through morning. 

pick your poison I guess. 16" of hvy sn or 12" sn with 4" IP. Gonna be a bitch to remove either way. I intend to snowblow early in the a.m., again tomorrow night, then again fri morning if needed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The new buzz phrase is the PDC maps.

They nailed a couple events though but that was more boundary layer warmth than mid-level warmth… where 10:1 maps had 12-15” of snow at 33-35F that verified 4” of slush like the PDC had.

I know Ray had an event too that those maps nailed over the 10:1.

Guess it’s boundary temp related.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

When is ever an appropriate time to use the PDC maps? I am pretty sure they only had 6-8 inches for our region for the last storm and we know how that turned out.

Maybe when it’s 34F glop. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya..I don’t get those PDC maps?  I guess when it’s very wet snow maybe as Brian said. 

That’s when they’ve done well.  When showing 1” QPF at 33-34F and you get 3-4” on the ground after 18 hours of wet snow that the clowns had 10”+.

The 10:1 maps to me have been worse this year, maybe because of how marginal each event has been.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That’s when they’ve done well.  When showing 1” QPF at 33-34F and you get 3-4” on the ground after 18 hours of wet snow that the clowns had 10”+.

The 10:1 maps to me have been worse this year, maybe because of how marginal each event has been.

I generally agree. They looked a little low way up north where models are 30-32.