Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, 512high said:

So from the sounds of this my last two plows could have come off and put away today? I will hold off for the next 24 hrs, maybe  mount squeegee instead lol I really thought we had something...

Yeah, down here I'll hold off on running my snow blower out of gas for another 24 hours.  The other day I took in the stick poles at the front lawn near the street.  Taking those in I was afraid I jinxed myself.  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It actually trended so far south it looked like all of us were gonna get skunked and then at the last second it bumped back enough to crush CT. We still got screwed up here. We got maybe 4”. 

My bad, you are correct. But either way, it trended in a direction we didn't think would touch us and it did come back so the same thing can happen here. It's just too early to say what the exact track will be today.

• Weenie 1

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

My bad, you are correct. But either way, it trended in a direction we didn't think would touch us and it did come back so the same thing can happen here. It's just too early to say what the exact track will be today.

Let it go 

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’d hold off up there. Latitude will matter. But yeah, you want a tick south. N of pike crowd between pike and ASH/MHT can still get a big system if this nudges south a little but the trends haven’t been favorable the last 24 hours. 

Its gone. Nothing trends favorably.

• Like 1

The same thing that made for a boring cold season might make this the year a major hurricane makes it to New England.  The 26C isotherm in September usually gets as far N as the latitude of Delaware, it still won't reach the coast, but it'll be closer and the waters S of Long Island/SNE won't be so cold a storm falls apart quickly.  OK, those of you on the coast might prefer snow to having a North Carolina-esque hurricane season (and mid-Atlantic type snowfall), but the trend in ocean temps doesn't seem in your favor.  The AMO threw a head fake it might be headed back neutral about 2019/2020, but  The two summers we rented a house in Harwichport, I was so early teen nerd excited about hurricanes.  I was just born 50 years too soon.

I remember an April snowstorm on Long Island 1980 or so, when BOS was rain.  @MJO812might know what year that was.  But April snow is special.

EastCoastSSTprobs.png

1 hour ago, 512high said:

So from the sounds of this my last two plows could have come off and put away today? I will hold off for the next 24 hrs, maybe  mount squeegee instead lol I really thought we had something...

as soon as you unhook, sudden shift south and we all get 15 inches 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bwt3650 said:

You’re saying there’s no appetite for you and me sharing pictures of thigh deep powder posing with a stray moose on an empty ski slope?

There’s a decent NNE contingency, I feel like it’s stronger than it has been in past years with a couple of the new posters too.  But post count has dropped quite a lot since those Dec 1992 runs.

There’s a decent NNE contingency, I feel like it’s stronger than it has been in past years with a couple of the new posters too.  But post count has dropped quite a lot since those Dec 1992 runs.

I think we’re in a good spot..maybe not Jp, but should be some really good late week turns. 18” would make for a really good first weekend of April. I just have to time the drive Tuesday.

1 minute ago, bwt3650 said:

I think we’re in a good spot..maybe not Jp, but should be some really good late week turns. 18” would make for a really good first weekend of April. I just have to time the drive Tuesday.

You’re good on Tuesday, this event up here is now like later Wednesday and Thursday.  But you have to drive through it I guess before it gets north ha.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s an Adirondacks look right there.

H7 low goes over like SLK.

Looks even more like S Canada run. Ottawa to Massena. 

15 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

You’re saying there’s no appetite for you and me sharing pictures of thigh deep powder posing with a stray moose on an empty ski slope?

Even in mid-winter the appetite would be fairly small but in early April after a terrible winter, nobody will stay and track a storm that doesn’t give good snow within 50-75 miles. We are basically one more 00z run bump north from 80-90% of the forum checking out…myself included. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

running-moose.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks even more like S Canada run. Ottawa to Massena. 

Even in mid-winter the appetite would be fairly small but in early April after a terrible winter, nobody will stay and track a storm that doesn’t give good snow within 50-75 miles. We are basically one more 00z run bump north from 80-90% of the forum checking out…myself included. 

Yeah you’re right, it’s NW slopes of the Dacks into Canada.

That SFC track is Adirondacks all the way too.  Though low level jet on front side would be enough to get NH/ME foothills/Mtns.

Thats a classic track for a split here in N.VT between mid-level synoptic lift west and low level WCB lifting east.  Occluded mess.