• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

It's an annoying look for spring/warmth enthusiasts.   We'll have to keep scraping by with 'fake' warm days at best, and may have some chilly ones mixed in ... until 7 to 10 days from now. 

I doubt any of those cold profiled events the GFS' native bias to disregard seasonal forcing and run back to February it always does at this time of year, have much of any hope of actually materializing.  Rarely so, the April 1987 and May 1977's can happen.  But given the stochastic nature of spring modeling season in general ...those are more typically last minute detected.   In a cooler hemisphere in spring, the GFS will be the first in line to offer up 6:2 snow at 20" fantasies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

That's what I use, you have 7 dogs now?

Anyone see what happened in Dubai yesterday?

Yea we rescue foster fail. 4 seniors who were rejected by owners. 1 deaf 15 yrs old 1 uses a doggie wheelchair 14 1 Bichon 15 we have has since a pup. 1 Pit Lab 13 hip dysplasia who was tossed out if truck withher puppies 10 years ago, pups all died  1 6 year old St Bernard Husky who could pass for a large wolf. 2 Lab pit mix 18 month old we adopted when no one wanted them. It's what we do. Expensive but it's the most rewarding thing I have done in my life.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea we rescue foster fail. 4 seniors who were rejected by owners. 1 deaf 15 yrs old 1 uses a doggie wheelchair 14 1 Bichon 15 we have has since a pup. 1 Pit Lab 13 hip dysplasia who was tossed out if truck withher puppies 10 years ago, pups all died  1 6 year old St Bernard Husky who could pass for a large wolf. 2 Lab pit mix 18 month old we adopted when no one wanted them. It's what we do. Expensive but it's the most rewarding thing I have done in my life.

You're a mensch, I love dogs too but only have one at the moment, a senior dog who doesn't get around like she used too. Put her on arthritic chews.

• Like 3

Nice ... much milder 12z GFS run.   Much more in line with the ensemble mean's mass field distribution out in time so perhaps giving this type of solution some credence. 

It has a flat ridge in a -PNAP continental flow structure, with a wavy boundary from roughly IA to ME  in the extended -

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

What do you use for tick and flea prevention on your dog?

Frontline - the tick was on the outside of Buttercup's fur, which is the usual.  We tried the 12-week product, Bravecto, and 10 minutes later $60 was on the living room rug.

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nice ... much milder 12z GFS run.   Much more in line with the ensemble mean's mass field distribution out in time so perhaps giving this type of solution some credence. 

It has a flat ridge in a -PNAP continental flow structure, with a wavy boundary from roughly IA to ME  in the extended -

So no record cold and huge arctic outbreak like someone forecast on here earlier?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

You are blessed for the blessings you give. As always …

IMG_0168.png

• Like 2