Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

July 1989

I forgot about that one. I wonder if we ever see something even more significant one day? May 1998 produced three F3's in NY and June 1953 produced three F3+ in New England. May 31, 1985 happened just outside of the northeast, as did the 1944 Appalachian tornado outbreak, so I suppose its possible.

32 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How's your early install working out? Haven't seen any cookout pictures lately.

Everything is in bloom, I grilled ribeyes tonight. No fire in the wood stove, embrace it... Spring time is here. I've got my first flower on my strawberries for Pete's sake

5 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I will say, it’s been one of the best forsythia blooms I have seen in years. It seems like every bush around town is blowing out yellow at the same time.

nothing here yet but went to Agawam today and saw a bunch blooming

43 minutes ago, Sled said:

Everything is in bloom, I grilled ribeyes tonight. No fire in the wood stove, embrace it... Spring time is here. I've got my first flower on my strawberries for Pete's sake

It was barely over 50 today, overcast and spitting rain. I will embrace Monday. 

• Haha 1

W/NW cyclonic flow on the backside of an upper level H5 trough. 3” so far up at that 3kft elevation.  Last accumulation during the operating season?

Puts us past 285” on the season on the mid/upper slope at 3kft. Top of lifts and ridgeline got more. 4kft had to easily clear 300” this season.

IMG_9302.thumb.jpeg.03ac2b1015894943269553fb97dc81d4.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Hopefully a rare violent tor setup this Spring?  <3

Yeah either a violent EF4 in a sparsely populated part of NE, (first in the region since May 1995) or a hurricane/major hurricane hit is the only thing that would make up for the abysmal winter we just had. Something exciting around here for a change please. I don't count the earthquake which I didnt even feel or the eclipse either, which didn't come close to totality in my area.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

I forgot about that one. I wonder if we ever see something even more significant one day? May 1998 produced three F3's in NY and June 1953 produced three F3+ in New England. May 31, 1985 happened just outside of the northeast, as did the 1944 Appalachian tornado outbreak, so I suppose its possible.

6/9/53 in ORH was EF4 and there are arguments (from observed damage) that it was a 5.