• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

April cake.  This afternoon saw a glimpse of sun between thick clouds and steady periods of -SN.  Only 2” in past 24 hours (1” every 12hrs) on the plot board, but been a fun 3 days with 26” if you add it up.. but to me the true storm total was 23” from the steady storm snow. This winter has actually hit normal snowfall in the mountain elevations.

Now a total solar eclipse coming. What a time to be alive, ha.

IMG_9172.thumb.jpeg.f66937a4d94fa4e39cdd2a4e07673ae2.jpeg

• Like 6

April cake.  This afternoon saw a glimpse of sun between thick clouds and steady periods of -SN.  Only 2” in past 24 hours (1” every 12hrs) on the plot board, but been a fun 3 days with 26” if you add it up.. but to me the true storm total was 23” from the steady storm snow. This winter has actually hit normal snowfall in the mountain elevations.

Just can’t let that 2-3 feet verify, lol.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Just can’t let that 2-3 feet verify, lol.

lol I’m a psychopath.  I just can’t label it 24-36”.  BTV to the summits was 12-24” for the meat of the event.  The backside couple inches of wet elevation-dependent snow does add to the totals where we ski though.

It feels different though than the mid-winter days when adding a couple inches here or there props up the snowpack further.  The long-duration total up in the mid-slope and beyond is significant though… despite the snowpack settling faster than it falls.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh joy it's pouring  again as I watch a great sunset from my deck. 

Was watching that band of rain from my deck. Blue sky right behind it, beautiful stuff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Is Stowe going to do something like the Easter sunrise service up top for the eclipse?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kdxken said:

April is the crappiest month of the year. It's not even close.

I’m not a big November or December guy.  Windy, chilly, spitting rain, cloudy and dark. April can have some real nice days. It was pretty nice middle of last April. Though I don’t live near the coast.  65 here Tuesday!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

I’m not a big November or December guy.  Windy, chilly, spitting rain, cloudy and dark. April can have some real nice days. It was pretty nice middle of last April. Though I don’t live near the coast.  65 here Tuesday!  

Yeah, November 15  to December 15 can be rough.  In April, at least in the valley, we can do real well on those downslope dandy days.