• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024

4 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Was legit scary as someone just posted.  Imagine if it happened in the middle of the night.

Yeah not good for people that were still in bed. Just talked to my elderly father. He was sleeping late and was so startled that he fell out of bed and hurt his back. 

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, TWCCraig said:

If you think about it, the rain adds millions of tons of weight on top of the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some correlation. August 2011 was very wet just like this past March

I remember reading this happens around fracking sites because of wastewater injection =\

One of the many reasons fracking was banned in our state.

28 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I'm surprised you don't remember August 2011.  I enjoyed that one, this one felt  a lot stronger.

Can we find a connection between these and heavy rainfalls that happened just prior?  August 2011 was a very rainy month.  We've been in a very rainy pattern now too.

I remember reading scientific papers linking heavy rainfalls and earthquakes-- is it a possibility?

I didn’t feel that one back in Long Beach. This is the best video clip that I have seen so far from Bridgewater, NJ. It felt more like some kind of impact here near HVN like in the video. Very hard jolt from side to side and was over in a few seconds. This is more than enough for me and can’t even imagine what a magnitude 9 would feel like they had in Japan a while back. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I remember reading this happens around fracking sites because of wastewater injection =\

One of the many reasons fracking was banned in our state.

Looking on USGS, there was a 2.2M earthquake less than a mile from today's earthquake back on March 14th, so there might be some aftershocks over the coming days as the area is still active. There happens to be a quarry right where the epicenter of those 2 quakes are  although a quarry can't cause that large of a quake lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I didn’t feel that one back in Long Beach. This is the best video clip that I have seen so far from Bridgewater, NJ. It felt more like some kind of impact here near HVN like in the video. Very hard jolt from side to side and was over in a few seconds. This is more than enough for me and can’t even imagine what a magnitude 9 would feel like they had in Japan a while back. 

Yes!  I found this video earlier and there was another one I saw from Long Island from Merrick from Nassau County like this.

The fracking quakes in Oklahoma were mag 5.6, 5.6 and 5.8 and caused property damage and quake insurance is through the roof there now. I would never want to experience a 6.0 or higher, it would probably cause a ton of property damage around here.