• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Christmas Storm VII

Cold Rain

I am not really sure if you can take that snow line verbatim.

Yeah it's definitely not exactly right at times. Interesting last year, when every where around me was rain, it did pick the area of sleet here. Other times though it isn't accurate. However, it's meant to be used in general and not be taken completely literally.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stil rain here, very light rain though. There's reports of white grounds just 10 miles west of me and 15 miles north. So close, but those areas were in good returns, while I sat and waited, and waited and waited for anything. Meanwhile, check this out. Its extremely common here over the last 10 years or so I've really noticed. I know some of this will be the radar positioning and it seeing virga futher away, but hole shifts from time to time in different events, a lot of times its over me or Gaffney. And the ground reports lately showed all 4 sides of here having precip reaching the ground before it did here. That beautiful drought at play here in the lee...

post-38-0-64366500-1293308448.gif

Step away from the ledge you have everything to live for! You're in a perfect spot my man. Again this wasn't supposed to start for us until around 6 tonight so don't know why people are getting worried. I'm not going to worry till about 8 tonight.

I think he's saying and I totally feel him that we hate seeing all these radar returns slide by us to the north and east only to not see a thing fall yet. Kind of a waste. Hopes for white gold this evening!!

Just got home in Bostic. Solid 1" on the ground. Roads are covered in places. Rutherfordton was closing on 1 1/2 - 2" in some spots. Sitting at 33.

I see GSP is going with 3-5 today and 3-5 tonight for this location.

IT is coming Robert. The RUC looks great!

Stil rain here, very light rain though. There's reports of white grounds just 10 miles west of me and 15 miles north. So close, but those areas were in good returns, while I sat and waited, and waited and waited for anything. Meanwhile, check this out. Its extremely common here over the last 10 years or so I've really noticed. I know some of this will be the radar positioning and it seeing virga futher away, but hole shifts from time to time in different events, a lot of times its over me or Gaffney. And the ground reports lately showed all 4 sides of here having precip reaching the ground before it did here. That beautiful drought at play here in the lee...

Updated totals!!!!!!!

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

post-38-0-64366500-1293308448.gif

A good .25" here on the North side of Greenville, SC just south of Paris Mountain State Park! I'm sure you'll get in on it once the rates pick up.

Just got home in Bostic. Solid 1" on the ground. Roads are covered in places. Rutherfordton was closing on 1 1/2 - 2" in some spots. Sitting at 33.

I see GSP is going with 3-5 today and 3-5 tonight for this location.

IT is coming Robert. The RUC looks great!

Updated totals!!!!!!!

FML...totals went down for me arrowheadsmiley.png...though hard to complain in the 4.9 region.

Jesus Christ people, chill out. Makes me not want to be on this forum anymore hearing all you cry baby's moan and groan over the flipping radar for a storm that's just now intensifying. Sometimes I wonder if this is an elementary school forum, un-freaking-believable. For the other that are appreciative and doing pbp and such thank you very much.

Rain/Snow line seems to be literally stationary here in Atlanta. It has not moved south of the I-85. Not looking too good right now and the heavier returns are over me. Alot of QPF being lost here...

I feel your pain. Waiting impatiantly for the chage over here to your east.

Still a couple of hours away, but it's such a waste sitting under 30-40 dbz returns, and watch it run down the street.

Latest RDU tamdar sounding showed the freezing level down to 940mb. For triangle folks even though it is in the low 40s, the changeover should be quick.

For you CLT folks, latest TAMDAR sounding showed the freezing level around 903mb or so. Cant imagine it will be too long.

Thanks for the info, now if we could just get the rain to start! Should be an hour or two and we'll be in the mix.

Latest NWS RAH discussion is out

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH SUNDAY/...

AS OF 330 PM SATURDAY...

...WINTER STORM WARNING CONTINUES FOR CENTRAL NC...

FORECAST RELATIVELY UNCHANGED FROM EARLIER ADJUSTMENTS... AS

CONFIDENCE CONTINUES TO INCREASE FOR A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM --

WITH WIDESPREAD THREE TO SIX INCHES OF SNOW -- OVER ALL OF CENTRAL

NC THROUGH SUNDAY. THE POTENTIAL ALSO EXISTS FOR LOCALLY HIGHER

STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF AROUND SIX TO EIGHT INCHES... MAINLY ACROSS

PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN PIEDMONT AND NORTHERN COASTAL PLAIN...

AROUND A LINE FROM NEAR LEXINGTON AND ESPECIALLY POINTS EAST

NORTHEASTWARD TO THE TRIANGLE AND ROCKY MOUNT/ROANOKE RAPIDS.

Looks like GSP is relatively unimpressed by any night time potential here.

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CLAYTON...NEWLAND...STATESVILLE...

MOCKSVILLE...SPRUCE PINE...CHEROKEE...WAYNESVILLE...ASHEVILLE...

HICKORY...SALISBURY...SYLVA...FRANKLIN...BREVARD...

HENDERSONVILLE...SHELBY...LINCOLNTON...LENOIR...MORGANTON...

MARION...LAKE LURE...RUTHERFORD...COLUMBUS

330 PM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

.NOW...

LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO FALL DURING THE LATE

AFTERNOON HOURS. SNOWFALL RATES WILL GRADUALLY DECREASE BY

EVENING...BUT MOST AREAS WILL PICK UP ANOTHER 1 TO 2 INCHES BY 6

PM...WITH SOME LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. HIGHWAYS ARE

GENERALLY SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY MAKING FOR HAZARDOUS TRAVEL.

Archived