• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Discobs 2024

George BM

And a fiery shiny new base state, monster Hadley Cells and a fooked up MJO, alongside very warm sea surface temps!
I am really stoked for some decent Category 6 tropical cyclone action this fall!
This could be the fall Miami gets on the proverbial  chopping block, with a slow moving superheated high end Cat 5 with 245mph sustained winds in the eyewall, sporting a truly monster 40 foot storm surge coming at MIA like Jaws 18 from the SSE at 1 mph, buzzsawing hell out of Miami with millions stuck on the A1A. You know Reed Timmer and Josh Morgerman of iCyclone are both gonnabe tryin to cover that extraordinary extravaganza of a megastorm!

Get ya popcorn ready…the east coast is due for some stemwinders.

.83" total.

As I suspected yesterday afternoon the Icon was out to lunch with only .53". The GFS nailed it at .82"

I have discovered an astonishing relationship between March rainfall and previous winter snowfall during the past 8 years.  More on this when March welcomes April.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Low of 25. Colder than I thought it’d be.

Coastal storm with heavy rain followed by wind and cold. MA lowland classic.

Low of 29 here. Great day to get some outside work done with a high near 50 and plenty of strong late March sun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Garrett County got into the teens this morning. Impressive.

Chilly, but not quite impressive (well, maybe if you only consider last 3-5 years lol). My average for today is 58.5/30.1 with a record low of 16.8 from 2004. Three times I've been in teens on this date, with records only back to 1979. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic