Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,540
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Newest Member
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Joined

March 2024 disco/obs


Torch Tiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

West coast just making east coast cry for mama from pre 2015 years.

You know the severity of winter storms is just different out there.  A place where they cancel/downgrade a Blizzard Warning because only 8-14” (lolli 20”) is left and winds have decreased to 45mph (120mph at the ridges)… it reads like, things are improving, only a foot of snow with 45mph winds are expected at lake level for the inhabited areas.  No biggie, just some brief periods of poor visibility are possible.

IMG_8459.jpeg.bbe5de5a3e089fa2b352491a94b6b17d.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder sometimes what the biggest single winter storm possible for this area would be, hypothetically. Five feet? Six? Everyone talks about 1888 but is it possible to see more than that from one storm? What is the largest qpf system we have ever had in the winter?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You know the severity of winter storms is just different out there.  A place where they cancel/downgrade a Blizzard Warning because only 8-14” (lolli 20”) is left and winds have decreased to 45mph (120mph at the ridges)… it reads like, things are improving, only a foot of snow with 45mph winds are expected at lake level for the inhabited areas.  No biggie, just some brief periods of poor visibility are possible.

IMG_8459.jpeg.bbe5de5a3e089fa2b352491a94b6b17d.jpeg

Clearly nobody paid attention to the blizzard warning anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gotta know when to fold 'em. Wasting that mid Februay pattern that was about 10 days shorter than advertised was it for me.

Remember when there was talk of it lasing though March?  :lol:

One of the worst longer terms bust I can remember.   But we did spend the winter in general chasing ghosts...nothing more than a a week ever showed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

I wonder sometimes what the biggest single winter storm possible for this area would be, hypothetically. Five feet? Six? Everyone talks about 1888 but is it possible to see more than that from one storm? What is the largest qpf system we have ever had in the winter?

It would have to be a long-duration event like late Feb 1969 or what hit NS earlier this year.  Pinkham Notch had 77" from that '69 dump and Long Falls Dam (Flagstaff Lake) had 56".

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

No snow maps posted overnight. I assume that’s bad news for the snow “threats”.

Nothing beats shoveling virtual snow.   Haven't people figured out these maps are horrid?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

yeah dud winters rarely suddenly flip to cold/snowy for a month...:arrowhead:

There were some silimilarities to seasons that did just that, but it didn't work out. Just have to own it and try to learn from it. December and February were awful, but I think January and March will have been decent calls when all is said and done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gotta know when to fold 'em. Wasting that mid Februay pattern that was about 10 days shorter than advertised was it for me.

Remember when there was talk of it lasing though March?  :lol:

Well Ray maybe we done. However, 1 year ago today ASH got 6.5" then on the 15th I got 9" of snow, plow equipment was all removed on the 25th....I just can't take that chance.

Sitting at 27.5"/compared to last season about 40.5"

I never got my free keychain or T-shirt from Eastern Mass Weather, maybe back ordered? Will see next year(ha ha)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 512high said:

Well Ray maybe we done. However, 1 year ago today ASH got 6.5" then on the 15th I got 9" of snow, plow equipment was all removed on the 25th....I just can't take that chance.

Sitting at 27.5"/compared to last season about 40.5"

I never got my free keychain on T-shirt from Eastern Mass Weather, maybe back ordered? Will see next year(ha ha)

No, I would never advise snow removal companies to disengage in March at this latitude if doing this professionally. 

As far as the T-shirt, getting one ready....."Eastern Mass Weather....wipe well with our forecasts"-

  • Haha 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...