Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

9 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

This. I’ve had one for decades…and I don’t think I’d ever not have one. I Use its capabilities constantly.  And they are so well made, and ride so well now, with all the amenities if you desire …it’s the best of both/all worlds imo. 

Absolute necessity for homeowners.  I have had a truck since I was 21. Chevy all the way. 

• Like 1

Kevin's confused again. He can't admit his March 2012 failed again. Before he or Tiger posts a lie about cold and snowy fail. No one here in SNE called for cold and snowy/ we said major pattern change with BN temps Mid March to Mid April on average.  Of course some mild days in spots but overall no where near 2012. Ski area peeps will be in heaven with Bluebird days and long ski days. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kevin's confused again. He can't admit his March 2012 failed again. Before he or Tiger posts a lie about cold and snowy fail. No one here in SNE called for cold and snowy/ we said major pattern change with BN temps Mid March to Mid April on average.  Of course some mild days in spots but overall no where near 2012. Ski area peeps will be in heaven with Bluebird days and long ski days. 

When was the last time we had a month of below normal temps?  Sell.

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Got down to 17F last night and I was thinking, wow that’s chilly.  Then I saw it’s still above the normal min of 15F.

+11.5 on the month to date here.

Having a winter of only +3 will feel frigid after this year.

We've simply gotten used to a warmer world.  I think my lowest temp here this winter was 17 or something like that.   Imagine that 30 or 40 yrs ago....

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is zero chance that period averages BN as a whole. 

But I think that more of the point is, it isn’t even close to 2012, nor it’s supposed little brother either. Some Folks like to push their own ideas and narratives around here. Whether it’s just for fun, or not, I don’t know?   But as we’ve pointed out, March and April(spring that year) 2012 was the unicorn for gorgeous weather.   Those are just as rare as the Feb 15’s imo.  So I think that’s where Gynxy and Runnaway are coming from.  And I have to agree with them.  

We will certainly enjoy today, and tomorrow..gonna be very nice. But then it changes to much cooler and unsettled. Where as 2012 did not change back to normal spring weather that year. There in lies the big difference.  No matter what some may claim and say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But I think that more of the point is, it isn’t even close to 2012, nor it’s supposed little brother either. Some Folks like to push their own ideas and narratives around here. Whether it’s just for fun, or not, I don’t know?   But as we’ve pointed out, March and April(spring that year) 2012 was the unicorn for gorgeous weather.   Those are just as rare as the Feb 15’s imo.  So I think that’s where Gynxy and Runnaway are coming from.  And I have to agree with them.  

We will certainly enjoy today, and tomorrow..gonna be very nice. But then it changes to much cooler and unsettled. Where as 2012 did not change back to normal spring weather that year. There in lies the big difference.  No matter what some may claim and say. 

Feels 2010ish more to me so far. That was a warm and wet month. But, we will sprinkle in some BN days beyond next week. Bulk of cold into Plains and Midwest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

We've simply gotten used to a warmer world.  I think my lowest temp here this winter was 17 or something like that.   Imagine that 30 or 40 yrs ago....

30 yrs ago it wasn’t all too cold at times either. And then there were years that were.

And years before that there were warm periods too….early 1900’s weren’t all too cold at times. 

Cycles of warmth and cold have been happening a long time. It will cycle back again at some point…you can bet on that. Other parts of the world have been absolutely frigid, while we’ve been milder the last several years too.  

10 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You can always find work if you own one too but when I get one it will fit in my garage lol. You can’t be anal about a clean truck like ditty but always have it out in those dangerous elements he’s constantly facing. The high winds, scorching heat, crushing severe, major ice storms, and snowy winters must be tough on a truck outside. 

Look at midsized trucks.

I bought a Ford Ranger last year. Looked at the Tacoma's and Colorados as well. Awesome little truck that even my wife can drive. 4cyl turbo that often gets around 26 mpg. 

@Damage In Tolland nothing but clean trucks down here..

Screenshot_20240313_091113_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Might actually get a rumble of thunder predawn Friday. Almost like a weak MCS rolling through. But Friday itself looks lousy. Even snowy near the whites and to Tamarack. 

Shoot. Flying out at 11am. If you hear a loud F this winter coming from BOS…you’ll know who’s yelling. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NoCORH4L said:

Once you own a pick-up, you'll never go back. So handy for so many things for anyone who owns a home. 

I inherited my dad's Ranger in 1994 and those rigs (1992 Ranger, 2004 Mazda, 2011 Ranger) been my commuter/work vehicle ever since, over 400k total miles.  Only carries 1/4 cord of wood but I rarely have to transport the stuff more than a mile usually much less.  Only 2WDs but I've found that if I can get up my driveway, I'll make it over Mile Hill, which climbs ~300' over that mile and has a sharp curve at the bottom to inhibit a fast-running start.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Look at midsized trucks.

I bought a Ford Ranger last year. Looked at the Tacoma's and Colorados as well. Awesome little truck that even my wife can drive. 4cyl turbo that often gets around 26 mpg. 

@Damage In Tolland nothing but clean trucks down here..

Screenshot_20240313_091113_Gallery.jpg

If you’ve got a truck you’ll shears have a truck and if you have a truck they’ve got to be cleaned after use 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Got down to 17F last night and I was thinking, wow that’s chilly.  Then I saw it’s still above the normal min of 15F.

+11.5 on the month to date here.

Having a winter of only +3 will feel frigid after this year.

Last 3 days have dragged my month average from +11.3 down to a frigid +9.8.

• Haha 2