• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

pretty impressive wind here today, I had a 54 max gust, avg sustained 20, but I flew into BDL at around midnight last night from PBI, and I left my heavy coat in the truck in the garage and man it was freezing, didn't help I was still wearing what I had on in WPB, with a light jacket, and hit a good squall on the hill in barkhamsted on the drive home.. welcome home to CT! also, CT and Farmington rivers are very high from the rain, man!

21” storm total in the mid-slope hardwoods.

Mansfield stake depth increased 24” up high.

This was a good storm. The wind was incredible as well.  This would’ve been a 40-inch storm if it was true fluff and not wind-packed.  As it was, it was a great shot of frozen QPF (1.50-2.50”) for the mountains.

IMG_8616.thumb.jpeg.bfe571a93485e46ce5b9c3006f9dd016.jpeg

• Like 12

21” storm total in the mid-slope hardwoods.
Mansfield stake depth increased 24” up high.
This was a good storm. The wind was incredible as well.  This would’ve been a 40-inch storm if it was true fluff and not wind-packed.  As it was, it was a great shot of frozen QPF (1.50-2.50”) for the mountains.
IMG_8616.thumb.jpeg.bfe571a93485e46ce5b9c3006f9dd016.jpeg
Did mrg get to 40?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

It’s a torch month so far with the lack of cold, but still beer for the 2012 references. Maybe more 2010 like?

+6 to +10 is some kind of big anomaly but you know... it doesn't "feel" like a torch to me.  

I think it is because I am still overwhelmed/integrating those 80 ( yeah, 80) events we had in two Feb's, 4 or 5 different March's ...and even a couple April's with a 90 we experienced over the last 10 years. It's probably making my perspective on what a torch is as a little biased.  I know it has not been higher than 62 here at mi casa this year, so far though. 

I'm wondering if this is like the warmest it has been while not actually getting to above 62 - maybe it's all in the lows or just a weird homogeneous same high temp every day or something. 

Feels like a sneakier +8 ...

It'll be interesting to see how these averages look on the 25th and there's some 10 days of -4 SD EPO behind us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1