Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...it's above 6,000 

...that's like going to Venus to gawk over how hot it is.  of course it's hot there.  of course elevations get a ton of snow.   

I mean, it’s all relative though.  That’s still a big storm for those elevations.  And the 7,000ft forecasts are only like 1,000ft above MWN and in the Denver foothills.

You can still gawk over it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean, it’s all relative though.  That’s still a big storm for those elevations.  And the 7,000ft forecasts are only like 1,000ft above MWN and in the Denver foothills.

You can still gawk over it.

Just said this on the other page…and most of that humongous snow is at 6000 ft…which is Mount Washington’s elevation.  And MWN is only about 700 ft shy of 7000 ft.  And even they don’t get that type of accumulation.  Just incredible. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I never get that from him at all. Maybe you are confused with the pope.

Me neither. Seems like a nice guy. Maybe a little hopeful like all of us but I don't consider that a bad trait .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I never get that from him at all. Maybe you are confused with the pope.

same here.

its just snowman19 projecting because he's a shit poster who adds nothing objective of substance to this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Just said this on the other page…and most of that humongous snow is at 6000 ft…which is Mount Washington’s elevation.  And MWN is only about 700 ft shy of 7000 ft.  And even they don’t get that type of accumulation.  Just incredible. 

Hasn’t happened yet but any of us would sign up for the highly populated “Lake Tahoe communities” forecast of 3-6 feet with winds to 70mph.

6-10 feet in the mountains with gusts to 115mph?  It’s awesome.  Ski Towns get 3-6 feet and resorts get 6-10 feet.  With wind?  Dream forecast that we hope verifies.

Greater Lake Tahoe Area-
Including the cities of Stateline, Markleeville, Incline Village,
Tahoe City, Glenbrook, Truckee, and South Lake Tahoe
101 PM PST Thu Feb 29 2024

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions likely, particularly from Friday
  evening through Saturday morning. Snow accumulations between 3 and
  6 feet for Lake Tahoe communities, with 6 to 10 feet above 7000
  feet. Winds gusting to 70 mph in lower elevations and above 115
  mph over Sierra ridges.

* WHERE...Greater Lake Tahoe Area.
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hasn’t happened yet but any of us would sign up for the highly populated “Lake Tahoe communities” forecast of 3-6 feet with winds to 70mph.

6-10 feet in the mountains with gusts to 115mph?  It’s awesome.  Ski Towns get 3-6 feet and resorts get 6-10 feet.  With wind?  Dream forecast that we hope verifies.

Greater Lake Tahoe Area-

mph over Sierra ridges.

I used to live in Tehachapi, CA at a little over 4000ft and whenever the southern Sierras were getting smoked I might manage half an inch of rain and 2 inches of slop if I was lucky. Hell yeah, I'd sign up for the real thing any day.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Greater Lake Tahoe Area-

mph over Sierra ridges.

I say a bunch of us just hop on a plane and head out there. Went to place out for the next week. I would die and go to heaven

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Greater Lake Tahoe Area-

mph over Sierra ridges.

A bucket list experience for me. Fly out, book an AirBnB somewhere around 8-9k feet, and just weenie out for a week. I probably wouldn’t even ski either. No stress just enjoy. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Oh you’re back again, I figured you couldn’t be far after this morning’s GFS run. You must be getting ready to hype how wonderful, great and epic mid-late March looks. Textbook KU pattern and major blocking and cold is coming right? Stand down. After all your bombastic cold and snow hype busts this winter and last winter you should take some time to work on humility 

Obviously weather enthusiasts tend to show up more when interesting weather is modeled....is that an indictment?

He was in the same camp I was, which was above normal temps and near normal snowfall....I would call that bombastic. That said, our respective forecasts have not panned out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

The GFS is better huh? You mean the model that kept showing the phantom anafront snow run after run? I’m sure you remember it well because you hyped it all last weekend and kept posting the GFS runs. Yea, it’s a great model, absolutely superb. How much anafront snow did you get today? I haven’t had a chance to check yet….

I'm joking

Relax

58 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

I used to live in Tehachapi, CA at a little over 4000ft and whenever the southern Sierras were getting smoked I might manage half an inch of rain and 2 inches of slop if I was lucky. Hell yeah, I'd sign up for the real thing any day.

Did you ever head up higher to experience the big snows?