• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

Makes all those HRRR runs worth it, right? Right?!

Hah… I’m like @Ji . Love the digital chase. Difference is I think I’m less angry when it doesn’t turn out. Never once thought 5” was on the table… but I’m gonna share it and get into it cause what’s the point if you don’t weenie out on a weather forum?

I’d’ve loved an inch… but very happy with the massive flakes spiraling about. Win as far as I’m concerned
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Hah… I’m like @Ji . Love the digital chase. Difference is I think I’m less angry when it doesn’t turn out. Never once thought 5” was on the table… but I’m gonna share it and get into it cause what’s the point if you don’t weenie out on a weather forum?

I’d’ve loved an inch… but very happy with the massive flakes spiraling about. Win as far as I’m concerned

I used to get more angry but if you temper your expectations and always remember climo around here you can get some fun events.  It's still a frustrating thing tracking snow around these parts, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Yeah, I never bought those runs. I did think last night that this thing was likely going to either completely bust or surprise to the upside, with the most likely scenario being it busting. Had to avoid dry slot. Had to have rates. Had to be cold enough. Just too many things had to line up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I think snow growth was actually decent and that’s how I stacked up so quickly. Temps dropped to 31.5 during snow and 850 obs were well below 0, so after the initial 30 mins of meteors, flakes were a bit more efficient. 

Everyone likes to dump on the HRRR, but it was insistent on several hours of maximizing lift in the DGZ and it's been largely correct on surface temps. It was just 20 to 30 miles too far south with the big band. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Everyone likes to dump on the HRRR, but it was insistent on several hours of maximizing lift in the DGS and it's been largely correct on surface temps. It was just 20 to 30 miles too far south with the big band. 

I’d agree, I bet I was close to 10:1 at worst here. Going to finish at nearly 7” 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

So cool that they're still touring :lol:

Lost the rates and it's light snow/white rain here. No accums.

They’re getting kinda of old, but can still shred with the best of them. Don’t know if they can keep this up every winter, but I’ll buy a ticket every time they come to town. :guitar:

ETA: Just hit the stage. Unfortunately they said it’s their last song today as they see JI screaming about a back edge or something. Meh. Whatever. :lol:

• Like 1