Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

At 12z, 850/925 are both -1 in DC but surface is 36 on the 12k. About 0.25-0.3” falls after 12z in DC.  Compared to where we were, NAM is a win for MBY.  

I like this run personally.

I’m more than fine with this run. Just living dangerously on the southern edge

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

They ran the 0z 1.33k over us  You can see the potential problem on the periphery.  It really looks like 60-90 min of snow for DC that might accumulate an inch

ZkgnW4S.png

Realistically we’re probably looking at a mulch topper but I’m enjoying this last minute shift (3rd south shift of the year).  Also don’t mind looking out of the office tomorrow morning seeing snow TV.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

snod-imp.us_ma.png

snow depth again? smh. Making a meh run look worse than it needs to.

3k is slower to transition to snow than the RAP/HRRR/12k. It's a rates problem. Who knows which of the hi-res models will nail the banding. We'll find out in 12 hours

also, fwiw, 3k was probably an improvement from 18z. But both meh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

3k is slower to transition to snow than the RAP/HRRR/12k. It's a rates problem. Who knows which of the hi-res models will nail the banding. We'll find out in 12 hours

With some of the soundings we’ve seen and the strength of the low, I’m hard pressed to think we don’t have some great rates given that + the fronto and h5 pass 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

also, fwiw, 3k was probably an improvement from 18z. But both meh.

Snow depth with those temps is probably about as accurate as you are gonna get. If you prefer the Kuchera it isnt a whole lot better. The airmass is marginal to say the least. 

snku_acc-imp.us_ma.png

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Snow depth with those temps is probably about as accurate as you are gonna get. If you prefer the Kuchera it isnt a whole lot better. The airmass is marginal to say the least. 

snku_acc-imp.us_ma.png

The main difference from earlier is precip amounts, which truthfully are probably very difficult to nail down. People talk about warm ground and yes we had a couple of warm days but we also had about 3-4 straight days last week in the upper teens.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The main difference from earlier is precip amounts, which truthfully are probably very difficult to nail down. People talk about warm ground and yes we had a couple of warm days but we also had about 3-4 straight days last week in the upper teens.

It's 43/43 here right now brother. I am as big of a weenie as there is here when an event warrants it. Maybe I will bust. But I am not feeling this one. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yes definitely less precip. Compare the latest run with the 18z. Big drop off with qpf

8 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It is a trend.  If you see qp amounts drop run after run on the HRRR that is not good.  A 1 run fluke is no big deal but run after run is a big deal most of the time.

Dry slot on 01z HRRR messes up the transition period, doubt something like that is going to get modeled just as it really ends up but something to watch. If the best opportunity for column cooling rates gets wasted by a dry slot, many will end up with little to nothing.

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It's 43/43 here right now brother. I am as big of a weenie as there is here when an event warrants it. Maybe I will bust. But I am not feeling this one. 

Does that include your pummeled and beatdown posts from earlier lol

• Haha 2