Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

Just now, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Still too warm for immediate metro but N/W with elevation this could be something.  But red flag is the Euro is about 5 degrees warmer than the RAP at 12z.  Euro has DC at 39 and RAP at 34.

Euro is warmer since it lacks heavy precip. Euro has been wrong the last 2 

Still too warm for immediate metro but N/W with elevation this could be something.  But red flag is the Euro is about 5 degrees warmer than the RAP at 12z.  Euro has DC at 39 and RAP at 34.

RAP does what it does because of rates more than anything, imo. I think it's probably wayyyy to heavy. But it's plausible imo to use that word loosely. 

RAP/HRRR bias at this range is too heavy with precip and will adjust. However, this is a fairly dynamic event, so it might not be THAT far off. This is a tightrope forecast. There will be winners and losers within close proxy of each other. The higher your elevation, the better. Especially if you have latitude. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

We will see but in pretty much all of the marginal events like this in recent memory without CAD it usually works to pick the warmer models.  

This will be a dynamic event the soundings are showing some crazy stuff aloft 

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Blah.  I'm. being a deb, but the RAP and HRRRRR?  Don't they kinda suck?

Lol yes. I’m just going to hug the euro 10:1 map for MBY and go “lalala can’t can’t hear you” when somebody points out my temp is like 40F when it’s snowing 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Oh man....NE has gotta be sweating.  The Euro is like 2" for them.  Somebody said the UKIE came a little south too

NYC already cancelled schools for tomorrow, which used to be pretty rare.  And BOX has over a foot in the forecast for Boston proper.

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I wouldn't even wish that on my worse enemy.  That's tough

You know what? They're like 300+ miles away from us and they get far more snow than we do year after year. Not sure I can feel for them after what we've been going through these past many years and the epic long-range fail period we're heading into.

• Like 1

You know what? They're like 300 miles away from us and they get far more snow than we do year after year. Not sure I can feel for them after what we've been going through these past many years and the epic long-range fail period we're heading into.

They’ve had a pretty rough go of it over the last few years as well.