• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

These early calls are the function of parents demanding earlier and earlier decisions going back about 5 to 10 years ago... I've been apart of this trend for years and it was only a matter of time before it happened.  Nobody wanted to wait until daybreak even though there were red flags this afternoon.  I'm surprised a situation like this hasn't occurred sooner.  But  I am a bit shocked by how ugly this snow trend has gotten.  I never understood the need to cancel the afternoon or evening before, but parents are adamant... I think districts should be able to alert folks to the ongoing trend and reasses in the morning.  They all use the same alerting system... And it is still early enough in the evening...

Our schools here cancelled right before the models ran south. It’s better for working parents to be able to plan childcare if needed.

10 minutes ago, FXWX said:

These early calls are the function of parents demanding earlier and earlier decisions going back about 5 to 10 years ago... I've been apart of this trend for years and it was only a matter of time before it happened.  Nobody wanted to wait until daybreak even though there were red flags this afternoon.  I'm surprised a situation like this hasn't occurred sooner.  But  I am a bit shocked by how ugly this snow trend has gotten.  I never understood the need to cancel the afternoon or evening before, but parents are adamant... I think districts should be able to alert folks to the ongoing trend and reasses in the morning.  They all use the same alerting system... And it is still early enough in the evening...

I was just thinking about that today, i could have swore when i was in school in the late 90s and early 2000s we never saw cancellations until the morning of, like 5AM. Almost never. Cancelling the day before a storm seemed like it was recent thing to me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I was just thinking about that today, i could have swore when i was in school in the late 90s and early 2000s we never saw cancellations until the morning of, like 5AM. Almost never. Cancelling the day before a storm seemed like it was recent thing to me.

gives dual working parents time to plan for childcare.   In this case there will be egg on faces especially northern CT

2 minutes ago, Childude645 said:

I’m certainly biased on this one but I for one and certainly pleased how this storm has shaped up.

The kids don’t get snow storms on the vineyard anymore like we used too…

I think big snow for the Cape and Islands has always been an elusive beast.  Enjoy it when it happens. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yup. I grew up in West Hartford and went to school in the 90's and 2000's. 

1. West Hartford hardly ever cancelled...I mean ever. Hell, it was a blessing if we either had a delay or an early dismissal. 

2. There is only one time I distinctly remember it happening. I was in middle school (so sometime between 1999-2002) and we had two days cancelled in a row. Its funny because it was supposed to be a very large storm (I think a two part) and it kind of busted. I think in total we got around 8'' or something...maybe it was 10.