• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, qg_omega said:

Why is the Euro wrong?  All I see in here is weenies chucking insults.  Looks like UKMet which hasn’t changed in days.  

Why take any one particular model as "right"? Does its insistence on a grazing blow indicate a need to take down some of the higher totals, especially around the springfield/orh corridor? Maybe?

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

god i cringe at the thought of the responses. Maps floating around from the NWS that have 12-18" and winter storm warnings up, and <1" of slush falls. I think ive seen that once. Think it was Jan 13-14 2008

Yep-heavy snow warnings for a foot-we got an inch of slush.     

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

You suffer from a lack of self awareness 

Dude was locking in the ICON a couple days ago while calling everyone weenies when it had mostly rain south of rt 2.....utter embarrassment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It seems to me like its chasing convection. H7 looks good. Yes, I'm aware we don't live at H7.

Personally in all serious, i don't put tons of stalk either into depending on the H7 to get things done.

I wish weathermodels had more products available but you can clearly see where the problem resides (where it places the low). It definitely seems to be favoring more towards the convection. Its an elongated low which is in the process of cyclogenesis. Additional upper-level tools would provide some additional guidance as to where you could expect to see the sfc low. Regardless, where it tracks the low from this, based on the H7 low track heavy banding would be much farther nw than the Euro has.

image.png.4b4b66b82eb188ed693b457e555b5f4d.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

god i cringe at the thought of the responses. Maps floating around from the NWS that have 12-18" and winter storm warnings up, and <1" of slush falls. I think ive seen that once. Think it was Jan 13-14 2008

That was probably a storm that had sleet. 06-07 and 07-08 had a lot of changeover events. You should make one of those GIFs of the last six cycles of the Euro so we can see how full on Ron Washington it's been.

I hate to say it, but there is a pathway for the Euro/UK to be right if the weakening trend continues. Trim back the dynamics of the storm, and it becomes harder to overcome a marginal airmass. 

Hard to bet against the majority of guidance in favor of an outlier, but this raises a red flag to me. Models seem to really be struggling with the convection. I'm holding the line for a significant snowstorm for all of SNE, but with more caution. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I wish weathermodels had more products available but you can clearly see where the problem resides (where it places the low). It definitely seems to be favoring more towards the convection. Its an elongated low which is in the process of cyclogenesis. Additional upper-level tools would provide some additional guidance as to where you could expect to see the sfc low. Regardless, where it tracks the low from this, based on the H7 low track heavy banding would be much farther nw than the Euro has.

image.png.4b4b66b82eb188ed693b457e555b5f4d.png

It jumps 120 miles due east right towards the convection.  

Just now, Patrick-02540 said:

It jumps 120 miles due east right towards the convection.  

It can't be discounted, I mean we've been screwed before in these scenarios. I wonder if there is literature out there on these situations. Someone's had to do extensive research into this. Would be great to have an understanding of when this situation does occur versus when it doesn't. Maybe there is no clear cut signal, models still really struggle with resolving convection, especially in these highly dynamic situations. 

• Like 1