• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Here's our first call. Only thing I don't like about the 18z GFS is that it brought the 700mb low a bit farther north. Have to watch that south of the Pike I think. 

image.thumb.png.a5ba82e206c430f584ff025dad523eae.png

Yeah there's alot with the 700 low that has me nervous. I think this is going to be a nice storm but still lots of questions to resolve. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

ICON starting to sober up too. Came south a good tick but still north of other models. 

yeah all these run cycles are doing are putting out wobble versions ... All solutions within a narrowing goal post range are really still valid, but as long as the run in hand doesn't go out side the posts it just 'giga' motions. 

I think it's interesting that the global models are in agreement and it is the mesos this time that are having trouble getting on board. The 6-14" Jan 7 event was the other way around.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I’m not thinking so either. Just makes you laugh when just on Thursday folks were saying how come we don’t get wind with these storms lately?  And BOX is hitting the wind in their watches…so I just found it ironic. 

Not to be an ass but I really wasn't sure why folks were assessing that.  I just read "yeah and not much wind" ...I was looking at a 982 mb low ESE of of LI going      really?

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The demon-death band is just NW of this H7 fronto

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 4.20.51 PM.png

There's hints there of concentric bands ...that's weaker frontogenic band paralleling that extends roughly MTW to N. Adams up there.  Probably a solid band of moderate pivoting in position out there for a 3 or so hours.   Greenfield may end up in a gravity well.

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There's hints there of concentric bands ...that's weaker frontogenic band paralleling that extends roughly MTW to N. Adams up there.  Probably a solid band of moderate pivoting in position out there for a 3 or so hours.   Greenfield may end up in a gravity well.

That doesn’t seem like something I should be excited about.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Benchmark GEFS. It's OK boys looks good to me

gefs_ptype_ens_p1_massachusetts_72.png

Little bit of paranoid nerviness going on ...

It might have done some folks some good to have lived through the 1980s.  They might be a little more iron hulled to these sort of minutia model hip checks.  lol

'magine going 3 days of duck and cover ticker warning messages about cryo dystopia bombs only to wake up to 9 F with sun dimly visible on the morning of the "apocalypse" 

• Like 1