• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Discobs 2024

George BM

I will bet it gets past 70F during breaks today and late cold front looks very powerful, reports of tornado(s) near Kalamazoo and in eastern IL earlier. Possible line squall situation for PA could extend into your forum coverage area too, timing around 6 pm to 9 pm, but TRW+ potential begins earlier (noon to 3 pm). Very strong winds and temperature drops into 20s (15F nw). Could be brief outbreaks of blowing snow in mountains. This is really moving along fast, cold front passed my location on monday morning around 12z. Temp fell from 50F to 25F and that was in an early phase of the storm's development.  

Would not be surprised to see a tornado watch in VA and NC. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Interesting radar screencap snapped from Windy a few moments ago...can't remember seeing that "radiating wave" pattern emanating from LWX radar site before.

image.png.01422c0ebdb0a62306e4248cbbd2ff01.png

Might be composite radar. Try Base Reflectivity 0.5 degree tilt

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:51 AM, WEATHER53 said:

Most all high end predictions don’t work out anymore but let’s see if the Mega Front concept still can .

its my own arbitrary but these are the parameters to qualify around DC . Either/Or does it

13 degree drop in one hour.

18 degree drop in 2 hours 

23 degree drop in 3 hours

28 degree drop in 6 hours 

35 degree drop in 12 hours

42 degree drop in 24 hours 

I believe great November front if 1995 that set off great 95-96 winter qualified on all 6 or 5 of 6 and I can’t remember another that did. 

I think it’s here 

59 at 6pm 

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’s February 28 and there are daffodils blooming along 29 in Ellicott city. I think we might be permanently screwed.

holy crap - the peepers were DEAFENING on the ncr trail this evening - like - it should be april for those sounds being that deafening...and no way should I be hearing them like this now in northern baltimore county

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

holy crap - the peepers were DEAFENING on the ncr trail this evening - like - it should be april for those sounds being that deafening...and no way should I be hearing them like this now in northern baltimore county

I'm in New Windsor tonight at the fire department and I can hear them over the wind. They definitely are out in force tonight.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic