• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems like 5-7AM start time in CT south to north 

Yes for start time. If HRRR holds serve at 00z and NAMs and Rgems cool again and have thump.. Then ya its go time for the hills especially.

On a side note it's so hard to do an elevation map for your area.. So even though you are on the 1-3 line,  I really think you are more like 3-6" with that thump plus the Sunday night snow.. 

10 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yes, if HRRR holds serve and NAMs and Rgems cool again.. Then ya its go time for the hills especially.

On a side note it's so hard to do an elevation map for your area.. So even though you are on the 1-3 line,  I really think you are more like 3-6" with that thump plus the Sunday night snow.. 

The town ranges from like 200’ on the Willington line by the river there to 400’ on 195 as you head towards Uconn to 650’ thru center of town and then you’ve got 700-1100 in areas NE and especially north and NW side . I can see there being 3-4 inch discrepancies across the town . It’s an impossible forecast . Over the years I’ve found that generally 700 feet you notice a difference and at 800 feet is when it really starts to kick in . The icestorm was a great example of that last February 

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’d def feel more optimistic in CT than earlier. At least the northern half of the state with a little elevation. Hills could score well on the thump. 

How much rain do you think we see? I’m sitting at 250’  so not sure how much snow I will see.

22 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yes for start time. If HRRR holds serve at 00z and NAMs and Rgems cool again and have thump.. Then ya its go time for the hills especially.

Learned that lesson very early on years ago with Kev ripping my maps and Steve constantly ending up in the jackpot zone lol. 

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll report it 

Don’t report it, change your password and any other password that might be remotely close to it. Also- looking forward to you slant sticking your way to 6, jk jk…. Not really 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol .. I don’t recall ripping your maps . You guys do a great job . If anything I may just recommend an adjustment in a very friendly manner 

I kid, but it was actually very helpful when I first started out. People don't realize just how varied CT topography is. 

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The town ranges from like 200’ on the Willington line by the river there to 400’ on 195 as you head towards Uconn to 650’ thru center of town and then you’ve got 700-1100 in areas NE and especially north and NW side . I can see there being 3-4 inch discrepancies across the town . It’s an impossible forecast . Over the years I’ve found that generally 700 feet you notice a difference and at 800 feet is when it really starts to kick in . The icestorm was a great example of that last February 

Your town has a place that's 1100 elev and you didn't build a house there?